HOW to delete Google Search bar?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I know it's an old quandary, but I forgot how to do this. Forsome reason, I just lost all the shortcuts and widgets on all my screens I need to drop these Google search bars.
Thanks

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Long press on the item then drag it to the trash can or uninstall area?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I did try that. It did not me do anything. Thanks for the help, though

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
With the stock launcher on the phone I don't believe you can get rid of it. Using a third party launcher such as nova you can

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Long press and drag use to work. If it no longer does, then cybertj is correct.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
A factory programmer cord will power the phone even with no battery inside it, and allow you to fastboot and reflash the phone if it is flashable. There are how-to's on YouTube to convert a data cord, and some of us have one, so if you're near one of us, you're in luck.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Whoops, I just realized you were talking about the Droid Maxx, not the Razr Maxx. Try the forced reboot, try the boot into fastboot mode, all while the phone is plugged into a wall socket using its original data cord. It may have to stay plugged into the wall socket for a little while before the battery is charged sufficiently to even power the phone on. My Maxx behaved similarly once I got it put back together from replacing the screen. It eventually turned on after trying different reboots AND being left plugged in for a while on the charger to settle.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I know it's an old quandary, but I forgot how to do this. Forsome reason, I just lost all the shortcuts and widgets on all my screens I need to drop these Google search bars.
Thanks

Go into the app drawer select voice search drag to app info at the top. Uninstall updates. Repeat select disable app. FYI, voice commands won't work. Or as mentioned nova launcher or others will allow it to be gone.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Go into the app drawer select voice search drag to app info at the top. Uninstall updates. Repeat select disable app. FYI, voice commands won't work. Or as mentioned nova launcher or others will allow it to be gone.

Okay, that was pretty much what I was trying to do, but I may have lost my mind. I thought that that space would be freed up. What you told me did get rid of the function, but it left a little blank area. I must have incorrectly remembered that deleting that function would have completely opened up that space.

It is not a life and death thing. I may try another launcher just to see how that looks.

Thanks to

Einsteindks,
cybertj.2000,
[URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/249463.html"]Jeffrey,
[URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/236023.html"]lloydstrans[/URL]ion.
[/URL] for taking the time to read my question and replying to help me find a solution. :biggrin:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes, the app is still there taking up space.

doogald

Reaction score
Use another launcher like Nova, and then you can re-enable search. Nova, I know, gives you the option to take the persistent Google search bar out. Apparently I am the only person who likes the search bar being there - I use it all of the time.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Use another launcher like Nova, and then you can re-enable search. Nova, I know, gives you the option to take the persistent Google search bar out. Apparently I am the only person who likes the search bar being there - I use it all of the time.

Funny thing, I decided to delete it and also voice commands. Reloaded Voice Search and Voice command (no longer compatible) wont reload. Alas, no gray bar and voice works. Having no gray bar is annoying.

Droideye

Reaction score

I followed these instructions and PRESTO! No more search bar. Gray bar was still there until reboot, now gone. I went into apps to try and re-enable it, only to find the "voice search" app now no longer exists. Is there a way for me to get it back if I so choose?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I followed these instructions and PRESTO! No more search bar. Gray bar was still there until reboot, now gone. I went into apps to try and re-enable it, only to find the "voice search" app now no longer exists. Is there a way for me to get it back if I so choose?

Settings -> Apps -> Disabled -> Find app and click enable.