How to: [delete frequently called numbers] ?

questioning

Reaction score
How to: [delete frequently called numbers] ?

Let’s start at the “home page” >> tap the “Phone” icon >> there are three tabs along the top of the screen: “Dialer”, “Recent” and “Favorites”.

I find it strange that one can delete the roster of (recently called numbers), but there is no apparent way to delete the roster of “Frequently Called” numbers.

I’m trying to be funny, but let’s say that I’m married. I call my girlfriend on my phone. I can delete her number from the recently called numbers, but the number is permanently listed on the frequently called numbers roster?

And if there is no way to delete the frequently called numbers – what is the rationale?

I pose the question because I assume (I would hope) Motorola monitors this board for customer feedback.

jaye712

Reaction score
U know what..i actually had the same question. Lol..anyone?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Google is a fan of the harmonious nuclear family model and want to keep that in tact by thwarting off adultery. :biggrin:

I don't think anyone has found a way to bypass this yet, but have seen it brought up a couple of times.

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I guess the easiest way is if your married to not have a girlfriend. :D

Why is the door on the right always locked?

jaye712

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Google is a fan of the harmonious nuclear family model and want to keep that in tact by thwarting off adultery. :biggrin:

I don't think anyone has found a way to bypass this yet, but have seen it brought up a couple of times.

Lmfao

DROIDRAZR ICS215

skennelly

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I'd guess that if you cleared data and cache on the dialer app, that would get rid of them. However, it would also clear your call history and they would eventually come back.

I would like to get rid of that list as well. Not for privacy reasons, but rather, that list appears on my favorites/starred in Android tab. Now my list of about 15 people is 3-4 times longer than it should be.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I haven't tried it, but I'd guess that if you cleared data and cache on the dialer app, that would get rid of them. However, it would also clear your call history and they would eventually come back.

I would like to get rid of that list as well. Not for privacy reasons, but rather, that list appears on my favorites/starred in Android tab. Now my list of about 15 people is 3-4 times longer than it should be.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

FWIW that has been tried and does not clear it.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do have the answer to this question, but it requires your phone to be rooted. And no I'm not married and don't have a girlfriend either :p

When I was finally able to clear them out I had over 70 calls in the list. It annoyed the hell out of me. Now I don't have a "Frequently Called" list at all. :icon_ devil:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I do have the answer to this question, but it requires your phone to be rooted. And no I'm not married and don't have a girlfriend either :p

When I was finally able to clear them out I had over 70 calls in the list. It annoyed the hell out of me. Now I don't have a "Frequently Called" list at all. :icon_ devil:

I bet you froze something didn't you :)

skennelly

Reaction score
No sir I did not. It's a .99 cent app in the Store, but it DOES require root. You can either clear the list or apply a "patch" that will take away the list completely. :D

Is it a secret, or do you think you might eventually share the name of the app?

Sent from my unlocked GTab 2 running CM10

OP
Q

questioning

Reaction score
"When I was finally able to clear them out I had over 70 calls in the list. It annoyed the hell out of me. Now I don't have a "Frequently Called" list at all."

It sounds like you do have a solution... Can you please tell me about this 0.99 app and the "root" procedure you refer to? Thank you... It seems that all I have to do is make one call to someone, and they end up on my "frequently called" list.

tscott44

Reaction score
"When I was finally able to clear them out I had over 70 calls in the list. It annoyed the hell out of me. Now I don't have a "Frequently Called" list at all."

It sounds like you do have a solution... Can you please tell me about this 0.99 app and the "root" procedure you refer to? Thank you... It seems that all I have to do is make one call to someone, and they end up on my "frequently called" list.

Did you ever find the app that clears the frequently called list items?

tscott44

Reaction score
Clear frequently called list

Apparently someone has found a way to clear this annoying occurance, but I have searched the market and cant find the app. Can someone please help?

Quick

Reaction score
I think at least 5 people have to post "Gee MatyP, you're the greatest ever" before he is going to share.