how to delete email in outbox

zxcv

Reaction score
For some reason the email in one of my email accounts wont leave the outbox. I am trying to fix the account settings, but kin the mean time, I need to delete one of the emails so it doesnt go out. I cant. The check box to delete it won't check.
Does anyone know why?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

If that message you want to delete is at or near the oldest one there it may be holding everything else up. Have you tried restarting the phone? You may also want to find the mail app in settings - apps - all and delete the cache.

OP
Z

zxcv

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

If that message you want to delete is at or near the oldest one there it may be holding everything else up. Have you tried restarting the phone? You may also want to find the mail app in settings - apps - all and delete the cache.

thanks for the welcome
yes I rebooted it
I think I just need to change some of the outgoing settings but my main problem now is deleting that one email. I dont want to delete the others in the outbox.
when I tap any of the check boxes in the out box list of emails, either nothing happens or a green check mark just flashes.
I guess I will go through the emails I dont want to send and try to copy their contents to an email from another account and send it from there

OP
Z

zxcv

Reaction score
I just checked those same boxes and for some reason this time the checks in the boxes held so I deleted the email I didnt want. Now will tryto fix the problem with the outgoing setting

PLTL

Reaction score
For some reason the email in one of my email accounts wont leave the outbox. I am trying to fix the account settings, but kin the mean time, I need to delete one of the emails so it doesnt go out. I cant. The check box to delete it won't check.
Does anyone know why?

Have this problem on Droid Bionic. Put phone in in airplane mode which will allow deleting email from Outbox.