How to delete an email account not gmail

NVDroid75

Reaction score
Tried searching for it but could not find anything. I want to remove my aol account from my motorola droid. Sorry it is probably something simple, but i can't figure it out.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried searching for it but could not find anything. I want to remove my aol account from my motorola droid. Sorry it is probably something simple, but i can't figure it out.

First of all welcome to the forum, NVDroid! Go into the native Email app (pull up the gray tab at the bottom of your screen) and find the account you want to delete. Just long press on that account and one of your options will be to 'remove this account'. You'll find that long press solves many things on the Droid. That's it!

:welcome:

OP
N

NVDroid75

Reaction score
got it

Thanks Anne I got it taken off had to go into settings.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Anne I got it taken off had to go into settings.

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. Hope it wasn't too terrible. Just remember that long press thing when you want to forward or save a picture or a text, or move an icon or a widget - it's solves all kinds of Droid's little issues. Here's a good app suggestion thread for you:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps :yahoo:i

KailuaBob

Reaction score
1) Even with the threads above, I can't find the DELETE ACCOUNT button. All 6 of my email accounts are in the same window --- and MENU/OPTIONS only allows ADD ACCOUNT. There's no DELETE anywhere. Tried SETTINGS and every tab within. HELP!!!!

2) On emails also deleting from AOL SERVER: AOL & Verizon tell me there's a setting on the DROID for POP3/port 110 or IMAP/port 143/587 They suggest the POP3, but no one can find the place to change the server type. HELP !!!!

KailuaBob

Reaction score
on note above -- when all six accounts are up on the display there's no way to select one and delete it. Selecting any account brings up that account's emails and the MENU/OPTIONS has no delete function in either screen. APPLICATIONS menu doesn't help. SETTINGS nope ... Hmmmmmm

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) you're not long-pressing on the account name
2) when you create an account there is a choice between IMAP(push) and POP3(pull), you can enter port numbers too