How to DEBOOTSTRAP a Droid 2 Global(Sticky please)

Last Reality

Reaction score
Hey, Byakushiki, if I restored my phone using a nandroid backup, do I still have to do this?

Thanks.

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Yes, if you don't remove the bootstrap files, the update install will be blocked by cw recovery. (And take care in deleting/moving the right files, one person already got bootlooped doing this)
Sbfing is the other option if you want to remove bootstrap.

WrightPC

Reaction score

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Just SBF and wait for the OTA gingerbread :) bootloop = scary!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Zomb!e

Reaction score
Would doing a factory reset also work? I have no experience with rooted Moto devices and my friend came to me for help. I guess he rooted and then un-rooted with an app and wants to get rid of CWM since everytime he reboots it goes to the recovery.

Thanks for any input.

SpinxxyDroid

Reaction score
Would doing a factory reset also work? I have no experience with rooted Moto devices and my friend came to me for help. I guess he rooted and then un-rooted with an app and wants to get rid of CWM since everytime he reboots it goes to the recovery.

Thanks for any input.

No. An SBF would take care of it though.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score

Thanks for any input.

You'll need to SBF. Follow this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/153973-sbf-linux.html. If you spend a little time setting up the Ubuntu CD, you'll be able to SBF at will. Really easy (after you burn the Ubuntu CD).

sslaterr

Reaction score
if you're here, i'm assuming you've bootstrapped before, installed a custom rom, etc, and now wish to return to stock motoblur and remove bootstrap, whether it be for an update, or another reason.
I will also assume you have a capable root explorer app, such as the aptly named root explorer, or one of several alternatives, such as file expert (this is a root explorer! Just check its settings). I am using root explorer for this de-bootstrapping.

To begin, open root explorer and immediately hit the "mount as r/w" button whenever you see it-it is imperative that you do, or else it won't work properly.
Immediately, whether under the immediate view or "/system/", scroll down to the preinstall folder.
Inside there will be a folder named recovery, with 4 files, 1 of which is important to us: Hijack. You may delete it or move it to your sd card.
Second, open the /system/ directory, scroll down to bin. Open it.
Again, r/w button as needed.
Scroll down until you see a file named hijack (yes, there's two of them). Delete or move it.
Scroll down again until you see two files:
Logwrapper
logwrapper.bin
either move or delete the first logwrapper.
Then, rename the logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
reboot, battery pull a couple times, and if the bootstrap app is still around, hit reboot recovery a few times. If android boots up normally without clockwork popping up when you hit reboot recovery from the bootstrap app, you're all done! :)

note: I notice there is a logwrapper present in the system/preinstall/recovery folder. Do not delete this.

I am not responsible for what happens to your phone while following these instructions! These are what debootstrapped my d2g.

thank yopu so much this worked perfectly!!!!
I don't have to have that stupid b:ack screen anymore thanks!!!!

bmoney1229

Reaction score
If you're here, I'm assuming you've bootstrapped before, installed a custom rom, etc, and now wish to return to stock motoblur and remove bootstrap, whether it be for an update, or another reason.
I will also assume you have a capable root explorer app, such as the aptly named Root Explorer, or one of several alternatives, such as File Expert (this is a root explorer! Just check its settings). I am using Root Explorer for this de-bootstrapping.

To begin, open Root Explorer and immediately hit the "Mount as R/W" button whenever you see it-it is imperative that you do, or else it won't work properly.
Immediately, whether under the immediate view or "/system/", scroll down to the preinstall folder.
Inside there will be a folder named Recovery, with 4 files, 1 of which is important to us: Hijack. You may delete it OR move it to your sd card.
Second, open the /system/ directory, scroll down to bin. Open it.
Again, R/W button as needed.
Scroll down until you see a file named Hijack (yes, there's two of them). Delete or move it.
Scroll down again until you see two files:
logwrapper
logwrapper.bin
Either move or delete the first logwrapper.
Then, rename the logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
Reboot, battery pull a couple times, and if the bootstrap app is still around, hit reboot recovery a few times. If android boots up normally without clockwork popping up when you hit reboot recovery from the bootstrap app, you're all done! :)

Note: I notice there is a logwrapper present in the system/preinstall/recovery folder. DO NOT DELETE THIS.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE WHILE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS! THESE ARE WHAT DEBOOTSTRAPPED MY D2G.

Dude... I have been searching for this for weeks. Thank you!

I received my replacement device and have been sitting on the old one for 3 weeks because I could not get rid of that dam clockworkmod crap. This worked like a charm the first time I tried, saved me $500 that VZW charged me for not returning it.

also quick note: after I deleted the hijack file in the bin folder, I scrolled down to find the first logwrapper file, but it didn't exist. I proceeded to rename the logwrapper.bin file and everything worked fine.

Thanks again