how to create a ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by borgey401, May 10, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of a link or something that has a guide for making your own custom ROM? I am very interested in making my own custom ROM but don't know where to start. I have never done this before but would LOVE to start. Thanks for your time everyone
  2. killabyte

killabyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are you wanting to add/remove features from a rom or are you looking to create one from source?
  3. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probally for now just to add my own touchs to roms but eventually from source but i would really like a guide on both
  4. killabyte

killabyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that makes 2 of us. some of the things i would like to know how to do is change the color that highlights your selections. some roms use orange, some use green. another example is when you go to settings from your home screen - some roms have colored icons and some stick with black and white. i would like to know how to change that. i think you're looking for the same info i am.

nextheme has pretty much everything i want in one package but i am a do it yourself kind of person and i would like to know how it's done. it's not much but i've posted this same question on a few other forums and got nothing in return. the only thing i've found on my own is this link for cooking roms. i don't think it's much help. maybe someone with more info will come and post.

[KITCHEN][MAY 1 '10] HTC Android Basic Kitchen, v0.51 [Linux / Mac / Cygwin] - xda-developers
  5. killabyte

killabyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

create rom for droid x

creating custom android roms

how can i create my own game roms for home use?

how to create roms

the best way to make my own custom android rom