How to correctly unroot the Incredible

miclpants

Reaction score
Alright so now, my problem is this-

I get stuck on the htc incredible screen if i try and boot-
and i can't flash anything because in recovery, the sd card won't mount.
So i even if i did get a new sd card, how would i format it if i can't turn the phone on?

miclpants

Reaction score
ok last update:

got a new SD, formatted it through recovery mode,
mounted through recovery mode,
loaded newest build of MIUI (which has worked on my Incredible before. yesterday actually.),
hit reboot, but still wont make it past white HTC screen.

Any advice on getting my phone to turn on?

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok last update:

got a new SD, formatted it through recovery mode,
mounted through recovery mode,
loaded newest build of MIUI (which has worked on my Incredible before. yesterday actually.),
hit reboot, but still wont make it past white HTC screen.

Any advice on getting my phone to turn on?
At a minimum try a sense run first then report back.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

miclpants

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i dont know what a sense run is...
please help me out here.
The ultimate goal is to be unrooted at some point

but if i could even get a rom to boot up so i could use my phone, i'd be happy at this point

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sense rom is like virtuous or skyraider and redemptive. Aosp does not play as nice on these phones. So try it out. Remember to wipe cache and data first.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

uknowwho

Reaction score
OTA Update w/o unrooting issue.

This will unroot and give you the newest software released by VZW.

and then i can just use unrevoked and root again? also is he going to lose everything as in a wipe? or is it just like getting and update.

Yes you'll lose everything, but there is no need to unroot to get the OTA

I've made several unsuccessful attempts to update my rooted (unrevoked method) Droid Incredible to the new software 3.26.605.1 but it stalls on the update screen while attempting to reboot. Is this because of the root? Your quick reply above states you don't have to unroot to OTA update, but it keeps asking me to update but freezes up and won't reboot. Please help. Don't want to call Verizon because thye probably won't help someone who has rooted their phone. Thanks.

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can install a ROM that has the OTA baked in. What are you currently running?

uknowwho

Reaction score
Thanks, just not interested in replacement ROMs. Its now my wife's phone and she wants it to stop asking her to update her phone every week, understandably. All I've done is root using unrevoked method before the last update to get wireless tether and not my phone won't accept Verizon OTA updates. Little frustrating.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, just not interested in replacement ROMs. Its now my wife's phone and she wants it to stop asking her to update her phone every week, understandably. All I've done is root using unrevoked method before the last update to get wireless tether and not my phone won't accept Verizon OTA updates. Little frustrating.
You can flash this. All the goodness of stock plus root for all your root apps. Win win in my book

Index of /inc/stock/

Use the first link called /Incredible_Froyo-20101013-Rooted_Deodexed_R1-rmk.zip Make sure to credit RMK. Great dev and great guy. He added root to the stock rom and has hosted it.

Should get you to your happy place without the nag of the update. And yes root is blocking the update. Well not root itself but the recovery that is pushed when you rooted.

uknowwho

Reaction score
I'll try to flash it,but can you point me to a tutorial on flashing ROMs? Tux.

cuddles11a

Reaction score
does this work if the dinc is on android 2.2?? cuz i want to unroot mine. thanks :)