How to completely backup droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by utonium, Dec 18, 2010.

1. utonium

utonium New Member

I currently have my droid rooted and installed cyanogen mod and wanted to try out the psfreedom (droidfreedom?) so i can jailbreak my ps3.

I would like to create a complete image/backup and if i were to run into any issues be able to restore it back.

I have tried to do this before, but it would never really restore back any of my emails or apps etc.

The app i tried to use was ROM manager to create a backup of the ROM.

Please let me know what am i doing wrong in backing up and restoring the image?
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Get Titanium Backup for apps, SMS Backup & Restore for texts, open ROM Manager, scroll to the bottom, and select "Flash Alternate Recovery (SP). Let me know once you're there.

DroidForums junkie!!
  3. utonium

utonium New Member

ok im at that part at the moment
  4. Droid DOES!!

Does CM have "Reboot to recovery" in the power menu? If not, ROM Manager does. Select it and it should boot to SP (blue lettering).

DroidForums junkie!!
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

This can be done in either SPR Recovery or ClockWork Recovery and takes no third party apps to accomplish -

Boot into recovery by pressing the power button and choosing reboot to recovery...or if CM doesn't have this option power the device down and power up by holding up and the X button until your recovery screen comes up

In ClockWork choose nandroid and backup - then when you are ready to restore your image (which will put your phone back to the exact state it was in when you made the back-up) just boot into recovery and choose nandroid and then restore and choose the back-up you made - if you are using ClockWork you can go into ROM Manager and choose manage and restore backups and rename your back-up to something easy to remember like CyanogenMod - once you have flashed the PSfreedom you cab also back that up the same way and name it in Rom Manager to PSfreedom

What I would not suggest is making and restoring backups from within Rom manager as it has it's difficulties and is not 100% reliable - but as I said it is great for renaming and viewing your backups

SPR works about the same but if you make a backup with SPR you cannot restore it using the alternate recovery of ClockWork and you cannot view and rename them in Rom Manager

Let us know if you have any more questions
  6. utonium

utonium New Member

yes i rebooted into recovery via CM

Thank you both, ill let yall know the outcome
  7. Droid DOES!!

He's right! I only use SP so I was just going by what I'm familiar with. Didn't think about if you switched back to CW though, sorry! :(

DroidForums junkie!!
Search tags for this page

completely backup droid razr before flash

how to completely backup an android phone