How to clean the slider on Droid 3

jrcomito

Reaction score
Is there a safe way for me to clean out my slider? It is clogged with stone dust. Do I blast it with air?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

MMcGee91

Reaction score
Is yours like not clicking much anymore when you open it? Mine is getting all mushy and is actually angled a little low on the left when its fully open.

MMcGee91

Reaction score
Lol nice. Copy paste ftw. So same issue, eh? I wish I could open the phone and figure out why it's losing its click lol...

MMcGee91

Reaction score
But yeah, to the OP, I might try a can of air, but i don't know if that will get in there good enough.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you use can air, be gentle! The best method would be purchasing a T5 driver and taking it apart, but it can be tricky.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agree with Urban, if you're comfortable with taking it apart, it's better to clean it that way.

If you are using compressed air be careful at which angle you're going to blast it at, you could make the dust go further into the device and it's stone dust so would be much harder to clean.

In the past with my D1, I actually used q-tips and some rubbing alcohol on the slider tracks. Clean it out that way and then spray some WD-40 onto a q-tip and then apply it that way. Nice and clean and it wouldn't stick anymore. Not sure if the D3 slider is the same though.