How to clean the ear speaker on moto droid?

bbohannon

Reaction score
I got my droid the day it came out. I have kept very good care of it but over time a bit of debris has collected in my ear speaker. What's the best way without damaging anything?

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I got my droid the day it came out. I have kept very good care of it but over time a bit of debris has collected in my ear speaker. What's the best way without damaging anything?

I just shoot it with a couple shots of air, never seen anything go under the screen from doing this.

Fault

Reaction score

I just shoot it with a couple shots of air, never seen anything go under the screen from doing this.
Exactly what id suggest. Go to any office max/depot, they have air canisters for clearing out junk under your keys. Should fix it no problem

Aqualung

Reaction score
I believe I damaged the ear speaker by trying to clean it.

Anyone else had this problem? The ear sound is kinda weird right now, like it's vibrating or something (Just like when you press that "thing" in the center on normal speakers)

Fault

Reaction score
Just a fair warning: Dont just put the canister right to the speaker right away. Keep it a few centimeters away, and move in closer and closer. If you dont have to put it right to the earpeice to get the gunk out, dont

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I fold a piece of scotch tape, sticky side out, against a flat head screwdriver or a paperclip. Then I lightly insert it into the opening of the earpiece. It's like a little lint roller.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can try an eyeglass lens cleaning cloth. Or instead try a little rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. Not soaking wet, just enough to pick up the dirt.

MyDroid23

Reaction score
I fold a piece of scotch tape, sticky side out, against a flat head screwdriver or a paperclip. Then I lightly insert it into the opening of the earpiece. It's like a little lint roller.

This works for me every time. Gee and I thought I was the only clever one to use scotch tape and a paperclip. :)

ricks

Reaction score

This is the best way to clean the earpiece. Blowing into the earpiece might damage it.

Taegost

Reaction score

This is the best way to clean the earpiece. Blowing into the earpiece might damage it.

I have an ex g/f that needed that advice ;)
I second that notion tho, either the tape or cloth + rubbing alcohol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i use a little brush and sometimes compressed air.

fallsgable

Reaction score
This is what I use....I use it sparingly, gently and ONLY at a MAX of 45 degree angle....so as not to over clean the screen!:icon_ banana: