How to choose the ROM for me?

netron

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering which one to choose, actually, I've tried some of the ROMs here, and others.

I'm in China, and have to use Chinese input (display menu is not a must), I have a lot of phone calls everyday, so it seems I shouldn't care too much about battery life, right, ehh? I found phone calls really eats up the most battery, other than the screen?? Correct me if I was wrong.

I also want some handy tools, for phone calls log, SMS, contacts managing, etc.

Of course, stable is preffered, since use Droid mainly as a phone for calls.

Thanks guys!:icon_ banana:

erikfig

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering which one to choose, actually, I've tried some of the ROMs here, and others.

I'm in China, and have to use Chinese input (display menu is not a must), I have a lot of phone calls everyday, so it seems I shouldn't care too much about battery life, right, ehh? I found phone calls really eats up the most battery, other than the screen?? Correct me if I was wrong.

I also want some handy tools, for phone calls log, SMS, contacts managing, etc.

Of course, stable is preffered, since use Droid mainly as a phone for calls.

Thanks guys!:icon_ banana:

I have used all the roms available out theres. My recomendation for you will be Bugless Beast v0.4 This Rom is Fast, Stable, clean great battery life. I you want to extend the battery life download "Ultimate Juice from the market it works great! As for contact widgets. I use People Contacts Widget" It allows you to create a widget on one of your screen with the most frequent called contact, you only need to press on the screen and it make the call for you. Any question just ask! :icon_ banana:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There's a ROM for everyone, that's why there are so many. I've used many ROMs from BB to Ultimate Droid. I think I've finally found the one I like the most and it's also the most stable, to me, I've had no lag problems at all or anything. I'm running CyangoenMod6.0

kennydied23

Reaction score
Check out my froyo roms thread in my sig. I'd have to recommend you download Sapphire for stability or Bugless Beast for speed.

A couple good apps are UltimateJuice, which saves you battery, and Handcent SMS for texting.