How to changing Locale to Brazil

michelutti

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an unlocked Droid 2 global from Verizon and I'm using it here in Brazil. I want to change the locale to Brazil (so that the phone number formatting becomes OK) to have the keyboard language input to Portuguese.

Is it possible?

I've searched for a setting to change just "Locale" but actually the options that I have are: English and Spanish.
I've tried to use some apps like Locale, Morelocale2 and etc but it didn't work as well.

Thanks a lot!

Carrier: TIM (GSM)
Country / Language: Brazil/Portuguese

pjrech

Reaction score
Hey... Please tell me how did you unlocked the phone?

E ai? Me diz como você conseguiu desbloquear o telefone.
Compreii um Droid 2 Global da Verizon e não tem jeito de desbloquear.
Abraço!

spence288

Reaction score
Not sure how to set to Brazil but wondering if you are able to get a good data connection. I was just in Brasil in Sao Paulo and it was a nightmare trying to get any reliable data connection. I was on TIM but connection was totally unreliable while the other person with me had an ATT phone and it worked just fine.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

pjrech

Reaction score
Hi Spence. Try to use a SIM card from VIVO.
VIVO has the better coverange from Brasil.

Hope to be helpful.

aaeigs

Reaction score
Same problem here men, I just arrived Sao Paulo yesterday I my d2g can't connect any GSM network! Moto told me it's a GLOBAL phone! I should have brought my old phone with me. It was an nightmare now, no GSM network and I have to try to buy an new phone here 'cause I'll be stay in here for the next month.

I really really should have buy milestone2 instead!

swanganz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to buy a motorola milestone 2 from brazil. I am told the only way to get an unlocked milestone 2 that works in north america (gsm, 3G) is to get one from brazil or australia. then all of the features will work in the usa. can anyone tell me how to get one from brazil. i have been trying for 3 months.

captain howdy

Reaction score
From what I understand, in the usa its called droid2 global. Outside the usa the same phone was called the milestone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
What you understand is wrong.

Milestone 2 is the GSM version of Droid 2.

Droid 2 Global is the GSM/CDMA phone with a faster CPU and some other hardware changes.