How to change the preferences in navigation?

Dommzyd

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a commonly mentioned thing, but I couldn't find it anywhere..
I can't seem to find out where the preferences/settings are so I can turn off the highway option.
Every time I turn navigation on to go somewhere it directs me towards the Parkway/Turnpike. How can I make it so it avoids them? I could do this on my Env2 but can't find it on here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a commonly mentioned thing, but I couldn't find it anywhere..
I can't seem to find out where the preferences/settings are so I can turn off the highway option.
Every time I turn navigation on to go somewhere it directs me towards the Parkway/Turnpike. How can I make it so it avoids them? I could do this on my Env2 but can't find it on here.

First time I've seen this question. I don't see it on the Droid, I know you can do it with Google on line.

Does anyone else know?

DeeMat

Reaction score
I have not seen it either. I recall that being an option on VZ Navigator... I am interested in this as well. Will do some research and see if I can find an answer.

wingdo

Reaction score
This is my biggest complaint with Google Nav.

Navigation will get you there, and if you have no clue where you are going it's a huge help, but I have tested it on my commute to work and home. It's highly inaccurate on my drive home. It spends half the drive trying to force me to an expressway which is red / black.

Sitting at a stop light about 1/3 of my way home while sitting at a stop light Nav was telling me to make a right as it attempted to force me onto the Eisenhower. Nav showed 54 minutes to go on my commute. I made a left at the light like I always do (yes 180 degrees opposite how it wanted me to go) and right after the turn Nav's time estimate dropped to 28 minutes.

Nav is nice, but it has a way to go to compete head to head with other Nav systems. That said it's the only Nav system I own. :)