How to change status bar color?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mblair90, Dec 20, 2010.

1. mblair90

mblair90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. I just rooted my phone but I do not have a custom ROM. I was looking to change the status bar from white to black, but was wondering if this is possible without installing a custom ROM. I've read a few threads about people extracting the image files from the .apk's for applications, then building the .apk back and flashing it back to the phone using SPRecovery. How would I go about obtaining an .apk to change things like the status bar and maybe the battery icon?

2. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST THING!!.....then, U need an app called "metamorph" search for it in the market...then search the forums for "metamorphs"....sorry I'm on my fone and can't post links. Definatly do reasherch on metamorph and follow the exact instructions and its very easy! :)

sent with my thumbs

EDIT____don't know how u rooted....but u will need "busybox" aswell

3. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If you have the first moto droid, I highly recommend flashing a current custom rom anyway.. when they send out an OTA update, it steals root but a custom rom is already up to date so ya don't get the pop up (bugless beast does still) but your custom recovery blocks the install.... otherwise, yeah metamorph is a good bet for changing icons like that...

4. carllindsay

carllindsay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nice sharing.! i was looking for this thread. thanks for sharing information.

5. kgirot58

kgirot58 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a HTC One with Kit Kat 4.4.2. Since the last update, I cannot see the status bar because it is white and the background on my wallpaper is white. Yes, I could change the picture, but I'd rather find a way to make the icons black or to make the status bar black with white icons. When I have an app open, the status bar is black with white icons. Why can't I get that on the home page? My phone is not rooted and I don't plan to do that. I have tried a couple of apps, but they were so complex it I couldn't figure out what to do. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_2014-06-03-07-22-15.png

6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Unfortunately, there is no option outside of rooting. You can change your background, and it will potentially change the status bar color, but to change it permanently, you must root.

Search tags for this page

android change status bar color

change color of notification bar samsung galaxy s3

galaxy s3 change status bar color

galaxy s3 status bar color
how can i change the color of status bar in android phones
how do i get my status bar color back on galaxy s3

how to change android taskbar color

how to change notification bar color on galaxy s3

how to change status bar color on galaxy s3

samsung galaxy s3 notification bar font color