how to change phone start up sounds?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like the sound that happens at the startup Droid eye, or the one that happens when you're into the OS and the SD card is being mounted?

JCo352

Reaction score
I am having a problem with this too. It used to say "Drroooiiiddd", then I changed my notification sound, using an mp3 with ringdroid. My notification sound changed but now my started up sound is some wierd ringing sound.

OP
B

buzzdar

Reaction score
The sound when u c the eye. Mine changed to a ring from the normal droiiiiiid sound.

OP
B

buzzdar

Reaction score
Lol thats just weird i change one sound and it changes another.

OP
B

buzzdar

Reaction score
I changed the notification sound and it changed my start up sound

JCo352

Reaction score
I changed the notification sound and it changed my start up sound

If I'm not mistaken I believe that start-up sound is a notification of the sd card being mounted. So I'm guessing that is the reason I'm having the problem I am having because the notification sound I made on ringdroid is stored on the sd card

J*Bishop

Reaction score
i just noticed the other day mine didn't say, "ddrrooiiiddd" after a reboot either. hhhmmmm....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the noise accompanying the animation is part of the startup screen information....

JCo352

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the noise accompanying the animation is part of the startup screen information....
i believe its the notification of the sd card being mounted

Tegamal

Reaction score
If you change the default "Drooiiiiiiddd" notification sound, when your SD card is checked, it will ring, instead.

What I did is leave Notifications as "Droid", then go into each program separately (Handcent, E-mail, etc.) & change the sound via the settings.