How to change my default messaging

Sasquatchs Droid

Reaction score
Just downloaded Handcent and love all the different options it offers. Id like to use it as my default. But my problem is that everytime i get a text or a email or a etc etc... It will give me two notifications and wont go away unless i clear it or read it. I would like to just have my Handcent notify me and thats it. How would i go about doing this?? Sorry if im confusing. Thanks for any help in advance :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, you can go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Filter All > and find the Messaging app and select the "Clear Defaults" button. That *might* work, but is not guaranteed.

You can go into the default Messaging app and go into its settings and uncheck all the notification options....

If you're rooted, you can simply delete the stock Messaging app

Reaction score
I'm not gonna' get pissed at you for not using the search button. But the mods are right, there are hundreds of answers to this.

Go in to Stock Messaging app (Messaging), and hit the menu button> settings> and turn off notifications. Problem Solved

OP
Sasquatchs Droid

Sasquatchs Droid

Reaction score
Wow that was a lil to easy. I feel like a moron for not seeing that............ thanx yall for the help!!

anewday

Reaction score
The developer should add a note during installation to disable the notification from the stock app...