How to change ICS blue color thoughout?

skostos

Reaction score
I believe this is referenced in the android development guide online very thoroughly. You will need to get an xml editor and insert new files into your framework.apk and systemui.apk

skostos

Reaction score
Android SDK | Android Developersthis is your best friend but a real bia to read.. dont get discouraged and just keep reading and you will never want to download a theme again.. if you have questions keep using this thread and ill help, i have been looking for a good theming discussion and havent found one so why not start one of our own. i am learning and reading a lot too right now so i may not be a ton of help... but i will be some.. when you do click that link you will see the tabs on top.. click on dev guide.. then click.. what is android. and read from there what you want to know about is more towards the middle of the category column on the left.. GOOD LUCK MAN

OP
The Kid Cassidy
Reaction score
Thank you so much man! Yea I wanna learn so I can detail my theme I'm working on...if I have more questions I will stick to this thread..Thanks again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

skostos

Reaction score
does anyone know how to color the menus in the gapps the color of the system menu.. that blue-grey gradient to black? I know how to do black.. but it would look mad polished i think if everything were the same menu color.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Going to generalize here, to get rid of the ICS blue you are going to need to decompile the offending apk, edit some of the .xml (and smali?) files, then recompile the apk. You then will also probably want to edit some of the .png and .9.png files as well, since they contain blues too. /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/app/framework-res.apk are two of the big dogs in charge of how things look. Notification bar, status bar, navigation bar, menus, some icons, lock screen, and quite a bit of other stuff is covered by them.

This can become quite a time consuming task. Technically not super difficult, but it can take a while to find what files control the colors of certain things. I haven't seen a ton of documentation as to where things are throughout those xmls. It kinda can make sense once you get into it though.

[GUIDE] Want to learn how to theme? - xda-developers <-- perhaps that will help as well. E2A that guide is over a year old, so some of the links may not be good and/or the software they link to has been updated.

does anyone know how to color the menus in the gapps the color of the system menu.. that blue-grey gradient to black? I know how to do black.. but it would look mad polished i think if everything were the same menu color.

I am a little tired so perhaps I am misreading your question, but I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Perhaps you can grab a picture of what you are trying to theme?