How to Change Font?

viola

Reaction score
I just downloaded a bunch of really cute fonts specifically meant for a phone, but I'm clueless as to how to transfer it to my phone from my computer. I'm not interested in the font apps available on the Market because none of them seem very endearing. Sadly, google doesn't seem to have very many tutorials for the tech-dumb Droid users.

Please help out ignoramus here:)
Or if I happened to miss a previous thread regarding this issue, could someone direct me?

Last edited:
OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
I just downloaded a bunch of really cute fonts

Please help out ignoramus here:)

LOL!

Sorry i dont have anything constructive to add, but your statements made me laugh:)
lol. It makes me smile to hear you say that. Sorry if I'm oh-so-conspicuously using this reply as a thread bumper.

~Bump bumpity bump:)
I scoured the forums to check if bumping was legal and couldn't find anything. (In my defense I waited for a week?)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow, sorry your post didn't get answered after a week = \ but yes your phone needs to be rooted first of all.

OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
Dammit. Too chicken to root phone...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As long as you carefully follow the instructions, its almost impossible to brick your phone

bnehring

Reaction score
get open home app from market and then look for open home font packs on market and you wont need to be rooted

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can change font with open home, it will probably only change the font on your homescreens, not everything else

bnehring

Reaction score
Yeah it will change the fonts on all app names and things that arent in browser or the fonts on anything while its running. Pretty much just your main pages for looks I guess.

OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
thanks skaggz, titans, and bnehring.
i'm going to try the safe (sissy) path of open home for now.

andriakaye

Reaction score
I realize this thread is old, but I can't find this information anywhere. The topic was dropped when the original poster said they weren't rooted. So, how does one with a rooted Motorola Droid change the font? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Coots

Reaction score
I realize this thread is old, but I can't find this information anywhere. The topic was dropped when the original poster said they weren't rooted. So, how does one with a rooted Motorola Droid change the font? Thanks for any help that can be provided.

I would love to know this information as well. I am rooted running Project Elite V2 at the moment.

Can anyone please give step-by-step instructions on how to change the font for the system?