How to change default window for new tabs?

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by shawman, Sep 4, 2010.

1. shawman

shawman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me start by saying this browser rocks on my droid x. I used dolphin for awhile but it was laggy and lacked many of the cool features of this browser.

Now on to my main question. Is there a way to make the default page for new tabs my homepage instead of the favorites page? I've seen similar questions asked but not this one. My homepage happens to be google so it makes searching something new really convenient.

Which brings about my next question. Does everyone have the "google custom search" in their favorites tab? It's totally annoying as I prefer the normal search where I can switch to google images. I don't see a way to change this either. Hence another reason why I prefer new tabs to open to my homepage.

Thanks for any help!

2. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Long press xScope's Home key to open your home page in a new tab.

I don't like the custom search, either.

By the way, another way you can search Google from xScope's is to tap your Droid's hard Search key and start typing.

3. shawman

shawman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Though I'm not a fan of having to use the hard buttons at the bottom, I did not know the search key was an option, definitely something to keep in mind.

Maybe the dev will makes some changes to these items in future updates, they'd definitely improve an already awesome piece of software.

Thanks for the reply. Any other input is welcome.

4. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem -- just to be clear, the long-press home key trick does not use the Droid's hard home key, but xScope's Home key up in xScope's status bar. Which is obviously not as useful if you keep that hidden...

Search tags for this page
change new tab page dolphin
custom new tab page dolphin

dolphin browser new tab homepage

dolphin change new tab page

dolphin edit new tab
dolphin new tab homepage
dolphin set new tab page to google
edit dolphin tab page
how to change default browser for tabs
new tab change dolphin