How to change default app in dock mode?

Parafly9

Reaction score
OK, so I've got a dock for my droid. The clock was way to bright for night time, so I bought and use Bedside, which I love. Now, for a while, when I connected to the dock, it gave me an option box - what woudl you like to do? (a) Bedside or (b) Multimedia Station

I would pick "A". there was also a checkbox that said, "Don't ask next time" or something like that. Anyways; I don't recall ever checking that box, but now it always goes to Multimedia Station, and I can't get it to default back to Bedside again. What am I doing wrong? How do I "adjust" the default app again?

M1dnite

Reaction score
OK, so I've got a dock for my droid. The clock was way to bright for night time, so I bought and use Bedside, which I love. Now, for a while, when I connected to the dock, it gave me an option box - what woudl you like to do? (a) Bedside or (b) Multimedia Station

I would pick "A". there was also a checkbox that said, "Don't ask next time" or something like that. Anyways; I don't recall ever checking that box, but now it always goes to Multimedia Station, and I can't get it to default back to Bedside again. What am I doing wrong? How do I "adjust" the default app again?

Settings > Applications > manager Applications > (Filter by running) Multimedia Station > Clear Defaults.

rp683

Reaction score

Settings > Applications > manager Applications > (Filter by running) Multimedia Station > Clear Defaults.

I tried too but my "clear defaults" button is grayed out. Any Ideas?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but we do know that 2.1 contains a new Clock which is much less bright than the 2.0.1 version. Hopefully the Droid will be getting that in the release which is due this week.

rp683

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but we do know that 2.1 contains a new Clock which is much less bright than the 2.0.1 version. Hopefully the Droid will be getting that in the release which is due this week.

Thanks, for the info. I was just wondering what the difference was between (a) Bedside or (b) Multimedia Station

I wasn't aware that there was an option. I know that if I touch the little light bulb it dims really dark. Maybe that's the bedside mode?

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Bedside is actually an app I downloaded from the App Store, it's a replacement for the standard Dock Clock