How to change boot animations?

andlamv

Reaction score
I want to change my boot animation with sound how do i do that? Any links to a tutorial?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If you are rooted it is easy. Change the bootanimation.zip file under system/media

jfrancis

Reaction score
Easiest way (if you are rooted) is to purchase Rom Toolbox in the market. It's got a section that lets you choose from a variety of boot animations. Note that not all of them look that great on a Bionic.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Find the boot animation you want, there are tons of threads and I believe they are all universal ( I had the thunderbolt's animated lightening storm with sound on my d2g at one point). I may be wrong after this point but other threads should exist for how-to...anyways!

Then locate your /system/media folder with a root type file explorer (like Root Explorer, but there are other free ones) and delete the old boot animation, then copy over the new bootanimation.zip. no need to extract it!

Reboot to test that it worked, and viola.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Easiest way (if you are rooted) is to purchase Rom Toolbox in the market. It's got a section that lets you choose from a variety of boot animations. Note that not all of them look that great on a Bionic.

Ditto. +1 A lot of other nice tools in ROM Toolbox.