how to change boot animation?????

qman66

Reaction score
i checked in system/media and it has a bootanimation.zip. i want the old boot animation from 1.3.1 and when i went to system/media there is no bootanimation there. should i just erase the bootanimation file or what should i do?

xliderider

Reaction score
Sorry, your post doesn't make any sense. Yes, replace the bootanimation.zip file in the System/Media folder with the one of your choosing.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! If that doesn't work, place the "bootanimation.zip" in data/local (first place your phone looks).

Sorry, your post doesn't make any sense. Yes, replace the bootanimation.zip file in the System/Media folder with the one of your choosing.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
qman66

qman66

Reaction score
how doesnt it make sense? i said i went to the 1.3.1 system/media and there is no boot animation there. i want the boot animation from 1.3.1 but cannot find it.

OP
qman66

qman66

Reaction score
Look in the Data/Local folder.
i already flashed 1.4. the files i am talking about are in the apex 1.3.1.zip i know u mean data/local on the phone. but i am not running that version anymore so therefore i dont know how to find it the old boot animation. thanks for your help

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It may be in system/bin but won't likely be in a zip format. I bet Fabolous could send it to you though.

DroidForums Junkie!!

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
ok this might be pure noob but I checked using Root explorer data/local and all I am seeing is a tmp folder yet nothing else in it....no boot animation nothing....I saw the system/media folder with the bootanimation in it but when I put the custom one I wanted in and made fabs boot animation a .bak it played the original from 1.3.1 animation instead of the one I selected which leads me to believe there is one somewhere else I just dont know where....can anyone help or lead me to a page where I can get the barebones explanation that be great thanks