How to bypass the Screen unlock pin and use the Pattern

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by radioactive, Aug 23, 2010.

1. radioactive

radioactive New Member

I have corporate email configured in my Droid, I am rooted and running CM6-RC3. My exchange admin enabled the "Pin" password on my droid. I want to see if there is a way to bypass the pin and use the pattern lock. If I disable administrative control to him, they are not syncing the email. What I want to do is to keep the admin rights as is an use the pattern lock instead. Currently my Pattern lock is grayed out in the system, How to enable it again ?
  2. ieatscones

ieatscones New Member

root?
    i mean the permissions he has can me overridden with superuser
  3. radioactive

radioactive New Member

I cant remove the permissions. The email is not synced. How do I enable the Pattern lock with out removing the permissions for exchange email? Its grayed out, See in the attached image.

Attached Files:

4. ieatscones

ieatscones New Member

oooh theres nothing to do about that one
  5. m00nbeast

m00nbeast New Member

it can't be changed on the Exchange server either?
  6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not if it a company enforced policy...

A user would be terminated at my work for trying to bypass IT Security.
  7. m00nbeast

m00nbeast New Member

That's the thing, I am the one who administers the Exchange 2007 server and this isn't a policy that we want set up.

Here is my original thread on this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...suggestions/70984-screen-unlock-security.html

I couldn't find anything in the set up to disable this on the server side. None of our other smartphones (that includes BBerry Storm and Droid) are experiencing this. Seems to be only on the Droid2.
  8. radioactive

radioactive New Member

For all its worth here is one test I did. I flashed my droid with Lithium mod and Based on that , I was able to set my droid to use pattern lock. Something in CM RC3 that is envoking the exchange to enable this security..
  9. Burnicus

Burnicus New Member

The security settings for bberry are set on the BES as opposed to Exchange. By default, activesync does have a pin policy. The Password option is not selected, but if you select it you will see that there is a simple PIN requirement.
    This was actually a big selling point of the new droid OS, because it will allow the phone to be used in more restrictive corp environments.
  10. m00nbeast

m00nbeast New Member

ah yeah, that's true about the BES. Thanks :)
  11. Burnicus

Burnicus New Member

Update:

I performed a factory reset to default settings, checked to make sure I could modify screen lock policy, and checked exchange settings. I then synced my device and it enforced the PIN again. Somebody's goign to have to call Motorola.
  12. radioactive

radioactive New Member

But it only started to do this from last week. Before last week, I was not forced to set up a PIN. And I am using custom roms so I dont think it is Motorola enforcing..
  13. thecaptainjs

thecaptainjs New Member

Great.... I can confirm this has to be a bug. does exactly like he said, requires a pin even though you dont need one.

I am not entering my pin every time...
    Guess I'll have to use touchdown or the like.
  14. VTron21

VTron21 New Member

I think you guys missed the point.

The require pin or password setting is set by the Exchange Server. This is not a bug. If your using Android OS 2.2 and Connecting to an Exchange Server 2007 or higher and your network administrator has this policy set (it's set by default) you will have to set a pin code on your phone, or try and convince the powers that be to change the setting, if you want to get your exchange mail on your phone.

and verizon pushed the update to the droid 1 that has this security "feature" in it last week. atleast they did on my phone
  15. m00nbeast

m00nbeast New Member

Those of us who administer the Exchange server at work, would like to know what setting you are talking about because the only place that we've seen password requirements on activesync are disabled.

I also have the Droid and got the update recently, but am not required to enter my pin and am still able to change the settings on the screen lock.
  16. donerico

donerico New Member

Is it possible you might be missing the point people are trying to make? most of us are network administrators or our network administrator have told us the the exchange 2007 server is set up to NOT require the pin, yet the droid does not care, it keeps asking for the pin every time you wake it up. Can you tell us explicitly what setting you are talking about in case it's something we are missing?

How is this possible? what is different in your setup? are you on a corporate server? are you using touchdown or any other third-party mail app? are you on FRG22D? I have never used a screen lock, my exchange 2007 server is set up to not require the pin and yet FRG22D has render my droid almost unusable by insisting I enter the stupid pin every time I want to use the phone for anything, this is the case for everyone else I know with an FRG22D Droid 1 with exchange mail. This is so bad I have disabled activesync on my phone and am seriously considering rooting and reverting to a previous load.
  17. m00nbeast

m00nbeast New Member

Yeah, we have a Exchange 2007 here at the Corporate office. I'm using the native email client with the Droid 1.

I am on FRG22D. I suppose that perhaps it is because I already had the email set up? I really don't know. Nobody here in the office with the Droid 1 has complained about it yet.

The one person that got the Droid 2 likes the feature, thankfully.
  18. donerico

donerico New Member

Maybe there is a setting on the server my admin does not know about?
  19. Burnicus

Burnicus New Member

I have searched high and low in the active sync settings and cannot find anything that is enforcing a password policy. In addition, Windows mobile devices are not requiring a password. On top of that, I worked at a company previously where we did enforce a policy and it affected Windows Mobile......
    Motorola has no idea what is going on..... although they are at least admitting that something is wrong now. https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/34587?start=0&tstart=0
    This is absolutely pathetic. I understand rollout issues, but it has been weeks now with no solution.
  20. brennj4

brennj4 New Member

Search tags for this page

android bypass pin

android exchange pattern lock

android pin lock bypass

bypass security pin lock
enable pattern lock exchange
exchange unlock android
how bypass pin lock.on motorola droid
how do i bypass my pin password on my droid
how to bypass android lock 2.2