1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to block the OTA with a custom ROM droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by kermitdfrogdroid, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kermitdfrogdroid

kermitdfrogdroid New Member

I found a how-to on this forum a month or so ago, but I wasnt rooted then So i dont remember everything, and searched and couldnt find it again.

Im rooted with a custom froyo rom and Im getting the 2.2 OTA update, it downloaded already and asks me once an hour or so, to do restart and install it. Im worried it will mess up my phone or install it automatically after I keep hitting install later. What do I do to block it permenently?
  2. EbE404

EbE404 New Member

If you have CW Recovery or SP Recovery flashed, accept the OTA. The Recovery will block it, reboot, and you're back to where you were with your custom ROM and done with the notification.
Search tags for this page

do custom roms block ota

do custom roms block otas