How to Block all Notifications

Claudia

Reaction score
How or is there an app that can block all notifications on my Motorola Droid?
It's not that I don't want the sound, I need them blocked because I will be out of the country, and from experience with other phones, those notices are Pretty expensive. about $5 for a weekend. never mind actually checking email.

Anyway, I want to block it entirely so I don't get billed for it, not just "silent" them, and just have phone service while I'm there.

Thank you for any help offered!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm? I am no expert by any means, but if you are paying the smartphone cost which you have to be paying to own a Droid, then you get everything built in (data so on...)

Why would it cost more? Maybe I don't understand...

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Yeah, tell that to Verizon. But yes, Verizon Data rates are too high in Mexico.

Hmm? I am no expert by any means, but if you are paying the smartphone cost which you have to be paying to own a Droid, then you get everything built in (data so on...)

Why would it cost more? Maybe I don't understand...

mikes

Reaction score
Under Settings/Wireless & Network settings/Mobile networks, you can en/disable "Connect to data services when roaming."

hacksaw

Reaction score
Also in Settings\Accounts & Sync you can turn off synchronization.

OP
C

Claudia

Reaction score
Awesome! Just what I needed. Thx Mikes & Hacksaw!
I'm new to Droid, obviously, and all your help is greatly appreciated.

Sam Presley

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5 Tmobile
Claudia,

On the Google Play Store you can also search for something called data on data off which will show you some widgets that you can put on your homescreen so that turning off data connection when not needed is simple as pushing a button.

There are free ones that work well and I myself have tried a few of them and they do the job beautifully with out having to dive into settings and what not to turn off your data connection...

Hope this helps you...

Sam Presley