How to backup text / Kik / Google Voice messages?

thunder550

Reaction score
I have a handful of messages sent via Kik, text, and Google Voice that I need to back up for legal reasons. Is there an easy way to do this? I have them saved on the phone but need to have copies of them in case I were to lose the phone or have software issues. Rooted Bionic running blur 5.9.901...is Nandroid an option like on the X? Anything else I can use?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I know for sure Google Voice messages are online, I assume the same for Kik, (although I haven't ever used it), and as for regular texts, there are lots of apps that will do that for you, I just can't remember any for sure because I don't text! ;)

Agent_10.7

Reaction score
Check on the on the marketplace for an app called 'SMS backup and restore' It'll back up your phones stock SMS. As far as Google voice and kik I'm not too sure if those will be backed up or not :/

Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

skidoo

Reaction score
Google voice can be configured to forward all of your texts (voicemail and recorded calls as well, for that matter) to any e-mail account (e.g. a gmail account). Plus there's the (effectively) unlimited Google Voice storage for SMS and whatnot accessible via the Google Voice web interface.

Don't know about kik, but for the stock SMS/MMS system, as has been mentioned: I'm sure there's an app for that.