1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to backup text / Kik / Google Voice messages?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by thunder550, Jan 3, 2012.

1. thunder550

thunder550 Member

I have a handful of messages sent via Kik, text, and Google Voice that I need to back up for legal reasons. Is there an easy way to do this? I have them saved on the phone but need to have copies of them in case I were to lose the phone or have software issues. Rooted Bionic running blur 5.9.901...is Nandroid an option like on the X? Anything else I can use?
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    I know for sure Google Voice messages are online, I assume the same for Kik, (although I haven't ever used it), and as for regular texts, there are lots of apps that will do that for you, I just can't remember any for sure because I don't text! ;)
  3. Agent_10.7

Agent_10.7 New Member

Check on the on the marketplace for an app called 'SMS backup and restore' It'll back up your phones stock SMS. As far as Google voice and kik I'm not too sure if those will be backed up or not :/

Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  4. skidoo

skidoo New Member

Google voice can be configured to forward all of your texts (voicemail and recorded calls as well, for that matter) to any e-mail account (e.g. a gmail account). Plus there's the (effectively) unlimited Google Voice storage for SMS and whatnot accessible via the Google Voice web interface.

Don't know about kik, but for the stock SMS/MMS system, as has been mentioned: I'm sure there's an app for that.
Search tags for this page
back up kik messages

backup kik messages

can kik messages be retrieved
export kik messages
how to back up kik messages

how to backup kik messages

how to get kik messages back
how to get old kik messages back

how to save kik messages

how to view old kik messages
how to view old messages on kik