How to backup my bionic on my computer??

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I'm coming from a BB and I used the desktop manager...My question is does Android have something similiar to that where I can backup up my phone factory reset and load my stuff back on it? Do I have to remove the SD card while I factory reset as well??

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Most of stuff is synced in the cloud. Contacts, calendar, settings, etc. You can root your phone and install a custom recovery and then make nandroid backups which will backup everything (except the SD card). You can keep the SD card in while you Factory Reset.

TomSr

Reaction score
I'm coming from a BB and I used the desktop manager...My question is does Android have something similiar to that where I can backup up my phone factory reset and load my stuff back on it? Do I have to remove the SD card while I factory reset as well??

Trust me, remove the SD card. Mine got erased with a factory reset even though I chose NOT to have the memory card erased.

rwking

Reaction score
Trust me, remove the SD card. Mine got erased with a factory reset even though I chose NOT to have the memory card erased.

Just as a precaution, I typically copy the contents of my SD card to a folder on my computer about once a month. This is just in the off chance that my phone is lost or stolen. I don't want to lose documents, pictures, etc.

lieutenantglorp

Reaction score
I too came from blackberry and miss the one click sync to back up everything in desktop manager. Anything like this in Android or do I have to export everything one by one?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
MyBackupPro - it will back everything up to the phone then you should copy the directory to your computer.

tbell6

Reaction score
Before you try or buy other backup stuff I suggest you go to configuration/security and check the two boxes. It will back up and restore your setting. DON'T HIT, Factory Reset until Google has has a chance to sync.

If need to reinstall stuff on new phone because it couldn't swim, in market on menu is "my market" selection that causes every program you purchased to be listed. You can then reload as much or little as you want.

These two together give you a lot of support and flexibility.

Removing SD before factory reset is good advice. Seen too comments about wiped SD's. Never had that happen to me, but it does happen to some.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: