1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to Apply Roms

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by IxJohnstonxI, Jan 12, 2011.

1. IxJohnstonxI

IxJohnstonxI New Member

Ok, so I got my phone rooted that was easy. I also found a ROM that I want to flash it to. When I downloaded the ROM and extracted the zip file it has 3 things inside of it....META-INF (folder), System (folder), and Boot.img. If I boot into the recovery manager and go to Restore to that folder, it gives me md5 mismatch error. I tried installed the zip file from sd card option and it unpacked and installed it but then my phone got stuck in a boot loop. I noticed that the backup of the stock droid ROM that I did had a lot more .img files in it than the downloaded custom rom i had. I was able to restore my phone out of the boot loop using the stock backup I created.

Do custom ROM's need all those other .img files for them to work or am I missing steps here? I've tried to watch the tutorials and other threads but they leave this part out. All they say is to boot into recovery mode, and go to restore and select the ROM from the Nandroid folders (or clockworkmod\backup\<ROM> in this case.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. yoop

yoop New Member

You're kind of on the right track. DO NOT extract the files from the zip. Go into recovery and do a "wipe data/factory reset". Then go to the install from zip option in recovery and select your zip file. Assuming the ROM isn't corrupt and it is the compatible with your phone, that should be all there is to it. If anything goes wrong, you can just flash back to your nandroid backup.
  3. IxJohnstonxI

IxJohnstonxI New Member

Thanks!

I didn't know I had to wipe the data. That did it. Appreciate the help!
Search tags for this page
boot.img meta inf system
flashing meta-inf
how to apply rom

how to flash meta-inf

how to flash rom with meta-inf

instal rom meta inf.

meta inf system

meta-inf and system in folder
meta-inf or system
meta-inf rom

meta-inf system