How to add wallpapers & media to the DX?

B

budmonster

I have some wallpapers I want to add my phones already included wallpapers. I know I could just throw them on my sdcard and do it that way, but I'm just curious on how to include mine with the ones already on my phone? Also, say I want to download a new live wallpaper from the Nexus S (microbes), where do I place them so it shows up whenever I click on "Live wallpapers"?

When i click "Menu", "Wallpaper" on my DX it lists these options:
I'm guessing "Wallpaper gallery" are the wallpapers that LauncherPro Plus includes? "Wallpapers" is from DX I'm assuming?

CAP201012210052.jpg

One more thing. Where do I add ringtones, notification sounds, etc. to my phone? I want to change the notification sounds, say when a text comes in and also want to change the bootup sound whenever my phone starts. Instead of "Drooooooid", put my own thing in.

Thanks for all the help and sorry about the long read! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
If you add wallpapers to your phone create a folder on your SD Card and then you can access them via the Media Gallery.

For Microbes you have to install it, don't forget to mount your system for that and then it'll show up in your Live Wallpaper gallery.

For ringtones and such I made a folder on my SD Card called media and put them in there.

OP
B

budmonster

If you add wallpapers to your phone create a folder on your SD Card and then you can access them via the Media Gallery.

For Microbes you have to install it, don't forget to mount your system for that and then it'll show up in your Live Wallpaper gallery.

For ringtones and such I made a folder on my SD Card called media and put them in there.

I know how to do it this way. I need to know how to add wallpaper to the phones wallpaper in the /system or /data folder? I want to add wallpaper., ringtones and notification sounds to the ones already pre installed on my cell. I don't know if I'm explaining myself good enough. Somewhere on, my phone is a folder for wallpaper and sounds (notification, ringtones, UI, etc.) I want to add my own to those locations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

scarmack

Reaction score
i know exactly what your trying to say. let me go through my phone right now to see if i can get you a quick answer.

you dont want to add another wallpaper gallery, you want to add on to the one already on it. haha

OP
B

budmonster

i know exactly what your trying to say. let me go through my phone right now to see if i can get you a quick answer.

you dont want to add another wallpaper gallery, you want to add on to the one already on it. haha

yea i wanted to add wallpappers and sounds to the systems ones, the ones that are already on my phone. i dont know what folder these are in.

scarmack

Reaction score
i dont understand. ive tore through my entire system folders and cant find any wallpaper.apk or anything that would go with being wallpapers. i found the live wallpaper ones but no wallpapers. im going to dig a little deeper. stay tuned. hope someone can hop in and help

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont understand. ive tore through my entire system folders and cant find any wallpaper.apk or anything that would go with being wallpapers. i found the live wallpaper ones but no wallpapers. im going to dig a little deeper. stay tuned. hope someone can hop in and help

I will patiently be waiting to see what you come up with:)

I haven't seen it also.

OP
B

budmonster

i posted this over droidxforums hopefully someone can figure this out. i know someone posted an answer to where the static wallpapers are stored in the phone. just cant find it.

EDIT: are the wallpapers stored in the blur launcher.apk?

OP
B

budmonster

well if you havnt seen it i might as well give up hahah

Haha!

There's LiveWallpaper.apk, LiveWallpaperPicker.apk an no Wallpaper.apk:icon_eek:

How do you add live wallpappers to the LiveWallpaper.apk or LiveWallpaperPicker.apk? I dont know which is what? Don't you have to resign the apk and the push it back to you phone?

By the way, has anyone figured out what folder the DX wallpapers are in?

EDIT: psychotic_penguin found that ringtones and notification sounds are in system/media/audio/ringtones.

Still need to figure out live wallpapers and normal wallpapers... I'm wondering if the the wallpapers are stored in the launcher.apk? If no one can find them anywhere else they have to be?