How to add vvm.apk to Gummyjar

xxheartstrings

Reaction score
Ok, so I've run into another problem.

I thought I had it fixed before, and I did, except I used the build.prop included in the earlier post, which was for D2, which made some functions of my phone obsolete (camera and landscape mode, namely).

So I wiped and reinstalled GummyJar. Now my phone knows it's a DX again instead of a D2, but I'm having problems manually getting the vvm to work.

I have edited the build.prop file to say:
"ro.HorizontalVVM=false" and have it in my system folder. I put the vvm.apk in the system/apps folder. However, when I try to click on it, it will not allow me to install. All it says is, "Application not installed."

Any ideas?

Edit: NM, I got it to work. I think maybe I forgot to reboot. Haha. Seems like a silly mistake!

Last edited:

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Ok, so I've run into another problem.

I thought I had it fixed before, and I did, except I used the build.prop included in the earlier post, which was for D2, which made some functions of my phone obsolete (camera and landscape mode, namely).

So I wiped and reinstalled GummyJar. Now my phone knows it's a DX again instead of a D2, but I'm having problems manually getting the vvm to work.

I have edited the build.prop file to say:
"ro.HorizontalVVM=false" and have it in my system folder. I put the vvm.apk in the system/apps folder. However, when I try to click on it, it will not allow me to install. All it says is, "Application not installed."

Any ideas?

Edit: NM, I got it to work. I think maybe I forgot to reboot. Haha. Seems like a silly mistake!

good to hear only thing I thought of on the way home was maybe you forgot to set the permissions but Good Game