how to add password to *86 voicemail

olinrich

Reaction score
I cannot locate how to edit the *86 entry so I can add my password.

kpj313

Reaction score
Bring up your voice mail contact, then use the menu button to edit contact. Mine looks like this *86,,XXXX# (obviously XXX being the password)
Use the bottom right key to shift when editing the contact number and use the pause button after the *86 and then your password, your pause may vary.

OP
olinrich

olinrich

Reaction score
Bring up your voice mail contact, then use the menu button to edit contact. Mine looks like this *86,,XXXX# (obviously XXX being the password)
Use the bottom right key to shift when editing the contact number and use the pause button after the *86 and then your password, your pause may vary.
Many thx for the help. However, my *86 entry does not have a "rolodex" card beside it, only a "+". Menu doesn't give me an option to edit..... do I have to add it to "People"?

OP
olinrich

olinrich

Reaction score
Many thx for the help. However, my *86 entry does not have a "rolodex" card beside it, only a "+". Menu doesn't give me an option to edit..... do I have to add it to "People"?
VZW Tech support finally got me the answer.... go to Settings - Call settings - Voicemail
There u can enter password!!!

JackButler

Reaction score
So by adding the pause and password after this, it forgoes the need for manual password input? How do I do pause?

I thought it was weird it was *86 and not my actual phone#.

OP
olinrich

olinrich

Reaction score
The displayed dial keyboard has a P and W key... Pause and Wait. Wait requires an actual flash/keypress. Pause is just a delay.

I used a single P. Prev phones called for multiple P's sometimes or the pwd was sent too soon.

JackButler

Reaction score
Great, took me a few trys to get it working, but it is!
Thank you very much!
"go to Settings - Call settings - Voicemail
There u can enter password!!! " FWIW, this didn't show up on mine, or no option too do it.
SO on my Eris for ease of using it...I created another voicemail "person", did the above password prompting, then added a person shortcut to my homescreen...ha, no phone digits needed now!
Love this place, phone ain't too bad either:>)

Blizzard

Reaction score
On my Eris, I change the voice mail # and when I press save it says "no changes have been made". What am I doing wrong?

ATeamTim

Reaction score
Ok, this is official. From the home screen press "menu" > Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail > The cursor should be next to the number blinking. Use the backspace arrow and delete what is in there (should be *86) If you live in a VZW area put *86PPxxxx (xxxx = voicemail password). If you live in a extended network put Your 10 digit mobile telephone number with no hypens or spaces, then PP then your password, then press ok. It will save. When you want to check your voice mail, simply open your phone dialer and press and hold 1.

Blizzard

Reaction score
I still cannot get this to work. After I enter the revised number *86,,,XXXX comes up and then I get a message saying "no changes were made".

Help!

sgm-co

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. how the heck do I remove voice mail notification? I've checked my voice mail but it still shows up as a new notification.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
thanks for the tip. how the heck do I remove voice mail notification? I've checked my voice mail but it still shows up as a new notification.

Call yourself with you cell.....It's a VZW bug...