how to access stored wifi network passwords?

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
How can I see the automatically-stored password from a WiFi network on which I previously logged on?
My RAZR Maxx automatically logs on. Now I want to log on with another device, but no one is around to provide the logon password. Can I recover this from my RAZR Maxx?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to be rooted, then you can use an app like WiFi Password from the play store to recover known passwords.

NOVICE

Reaction score
If your phone has the capability to log on via WPS and the router has this feature, you can simply reestablish your connection by pressing the appropriate button on the router.

Sometimes it's difficult to locate this feature on the phone. On the Galaxy Note the WPS push instruction is buried under advanced features.

NOVICE

Reaction score
One other thing, in my experience many of the apps promising to connect without a password to a network are malware/spyware designed to enslave your device. Makes sense to the extent that people looking for this type of service are not always doing so for innocent purposes.

And if you have an Apple device i don't believe you'll be able to connect by way of WPS. Not secure enough in their eyes.

OP
I

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
If your phone has the capability to log on via WPS and the router has this feature, you can simply reestablish your connection by pressing the appropriate button on the router.

Sometimes it's difficult to locate this feature on the phone. On the Galaxy Note the WPS push instruction is buried under advanced features.
Good thought (and thanks), but this is not exactly what I was looking for. I don't have access to the router - just want to recover the password that was given to me previously. My mistake for not writing down the password.:frown: