How the new Camera? (picture thread)

glenn

Reaction score
I'm really liking the camera. I just ran out and took this pic of the moon.

That looks promising. Can you post some more low light pics?

I am very pleased (amazed!) at the quality of the low light/natural light pictures. That's was always one of my main gripes with the D1. It's fixed with D3. Awesome!
No more washed out flash pictures in dark restaurant or music venues. Love this D3!

Reaction score

I am very pleased (amazed!) at the quality of the low light/natural light pictures. That's was always one of my main gripes with the D1. It's fixed with D3. Awesome!
No more washed out flash pictures in dark restaurant or music venues. Love this D3!

For the love God, turn off the flash at music venues/concerts!!!! All you are doing is taking pictures of the back of people's heads. Roger Water's The Wall show was consistently sh** on by hundreds of clueless people snapping flash pictures when the bricks started flying out of the wall, ruining the effect as well as their own photos. Stage lighting will provide the needed lighting for excellent pics and videos.

technogeek00

Reaction score
One of my favorite additions to the camera is the ability to change the focus center. If you tap and drag you can move the auto focus center, useful if the camera is having some problems focusing in a scene.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score

I was sitting in my car when I took this one. No flash and a bad storm was brewing.
11+-+4

Reaction score
For those who bank with Chase and had the original Droid, I can happily report that quick deposit is now effortless. The Droid was near impossible to get a clear check image without repeatedly trying (and could just jump in your car, drive to the bank, deposit at the ATM in less time.) D3 was a single immediate shot of the front and back.

imnotmikal

Reaction score
2 short videos I took (both in 1080 mode)

[video=youtube;Q-iPAxqa0DU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iPAxqa0DU]‪DROID 3 Test Video‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

[video=youtube;yxaQnBTHl08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxaQnBTHl08]‪Droid 3 Test Video Again‬‏ - YouTube[/video]