How the new Camera? (picture thread)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by TyrantII, Jul 10, 2011.

1. howzball

howzball Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about the fix but I do know what you mean. It's so slow that you can almost assume it's already taken the pic and you'll start moving on to something else before it finally snaps.

I have a seriously nice DSLR for picture taking anyway, I find phone cameras to be really useful for snapping close-ups of things I can't see very well... like the serial number sticker on the back of an appliance....etc. Then I can blow it up and it's nice and clear. Other than that, cameras on phones are cute, just don't judge the whole device on the things camera.

2. Ellectronico

Ellectronico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    press and hold your finger on the picture button and when your ready to take the picture take your finger off. it will take instantly

Hope this helps

3. TyrantII

TyrantII Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree, but it's also nice to have when you're not feeling like lugging the DSLR around, and good for uploading musings to social media. No one expects to snap an award winning composure. But then again, some great images have been taken with P&S's when it was least expected..

The pictures look pretty good so far. Still looks like there's issues with overexposure and washed out colors, but my guess is it's done on purpose to keep shadows (and objects in them) from being too dark. Wonder if setting a EV will help.

Clarity looks good, wonder about low light with the flash.

Edit: Some pictures over here: http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/1239 Looks pretty good to me, but it appears to not like those purple flowers (check out the original size version). Almost looks like a watercolor filter!

#15 TyrantII, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. glenn

glenn Member

Ratings:
    +0

I am very pleased (amazed!) at the quality of the low light/natural light pictures. That's was always one of my main gripes with the D1. It's fixed with D3. Awesome!
    No more washed out flash pictures in dark restaurant or music venues. Love this D3!

5. BleedingPurist

Ratings:
    +0
    For the love God, turn off the flash at music venues/concerts!!!! All you are doing is taking pictures of the back of people's heads. Roger Water's The Wall show was consistently sh** on by hundreds of clueless people snapping flash pictures when the bricks started flying out of the wall, ruining the effect as well as their own photos. Stage lighting will provide the needed lighting for excellent pics and videos.

6. technogeek00

technogeek00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One of my favorite additions to the camera is the ability to change the focus center. If you tap and drag you can move the auto focus center, useful if the camera is having some problems focusing in a scene.

7. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa Active Member

Ratings:
    +31

I was sitting in my car when I took this one. No flash and a bad storm was brewing.
    [​IMG]

8. TyrantII

TyrantII Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ooooooh, look at the colors!

:)

9. BleedingPurist

Ratings:
    +0
    For those who bank with Chase and had the original Droid, I can happily report that quick deposit is now effortless. The Droid was near impossible to get a clear check image without repeatedly trying (and could just jump in your car, drive to the bank, deposit at the ATM in less time.) D3 was a single immediate shot of the front and back.

10. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2 short videos I took (both in 1080 mode)

Search tags for this page

costom room motorola a885