How the apps are backed up in google so they can be downloaded automatically later?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thinkmega, Aug 4, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know how this works: application from the market are supposed to be "memorized" somewhere so they will be downloaded automatically when a new ROM is installed.

In my case, I keep getting the "old" snapshot, three weeks ago ... It seems the backup didn't happen along the way or something wrong in the ROM I am using.

Can someone give me help on this? How this process works? How can I make sure the latest installed applications are "memorized" in google so they will be updated/downloaded later.

Thanks.

2. JoeKacz

JoeKacz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't really answer your question, but I would like to add a question.

I was previously running CM6, and today installed the rooted FRG01B. After installing, my apps did not restore themselves. Normally they did. And yes, I had 'back up data' checked.

P.S. Sorry for the thread semi-hijack.

3. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's exactly why I made the complain in the "Droid Hacks" forum. The broken market update has been known long enough. However, some leaks got it fixed, some rom left it broken. I think my time would be wasted if I pick up the wrong one!

Just tried the latest frg22, the market update is broken, imo.

Search tags for this page

are my apps backed up on google

droid backed by google

see what android has backed up