How the apps are backed up in google so they can be downloaded automatically later?

thinkmega

Reaction score
I dont know how this works: application from the market are supposed to be "memorized" somewhere so they will be downloaded automatically when a new ROM is installed.

In my case, I keep getting the "old" snapshot, three weeks ago ... It seems the backup didn't happen along the way or something wrong in the ROM I am using.

Can someone give me help on this? How this process works? How can I make sure the latest installed applications are "memorized" in google so they will be updated/downloaded later.

Thanks.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
I can't really answer your question, but I would like to add a question.

I was previously running CM6, and today installed the rooted FRG01B. After installing, my apps did not restore themselves. Normally they did. And yes, I had 'back up data' checked.

P.S. Sorry for the thread semi-hijack.

OP
T

thinkmega

Reaction score
I can't really answer your question, but I would like to add a question.

I was previously running CM6, and today installed the rooted FRG01B. After installing, my apps did not restore themselves. Normally they did. And yes, I had 'back up data' checked.

P.S. Sorry for the thread semi-hijack.

That's exactly why I made the complain in the "Droid Hacks" forum. The broken market update has been known long enough. However, some leaks got it fixed, some rom left it broken. I think my time would be wasted if I pick up the wrong one!

Just tried the latest frg22, the market update is broken, imo.