How soon will you root your Bionic after purchase?

azdrifter

Reaction score
Yep, TB is very worth it. Once someone posts a complete "safe apps to freeze" list, there will literally be about 40 things to remove! My DX got pretty darn snappy after freezing all of that crap. TB is also great for saving app data. Let's say you have a game that you have leveled up on but get sick of playing. You can use TB to save exactly where you were and uninstall the app. A few months later if you want to reinstall and play that game, you can just grab it from the market and TB will put you right back where you were.

I agree TB is worth every penny, I like the fact that since they have been pulling apps off the market the wireless tether for one and the other a music app that i use frequently to download mp3s all I have to do is go into TB and restore the app and no worries :p

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Couldn't deal with the bloat, not to mention trying to remember the apps I had on my X....took me about 4 hours to decide to root! Lol thank you TB!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
Couldn't deal with the bloat, not to mention trying to remember the apps I had on my X....took me about 4 hours to decide to root! Lol thank you TB!!

Did you just use Titanium to freeze the bloat apps or did you delete them?

Spartans_08

Reaction score
Did you just use Titanium to freeze the bloat apps or did you delete them?

Definitely froze the ones I didnt want, and the ones I didn't think were vital to blur...I wouldn't even think about deleting them until an sbf is released...

anuraj1

Reaction score
Definitely froze the ones I didnt want, and the ones I didn't think were vital to blur...I wouldn't even think about deleting them until an sbf is released...

Yeah I agree. I screwed up my phone last night by messing with SetCPU profiles, so I unrooted. Going to root again tonight. Does freezing apps in Titanium persist after a reboot? Or do you have to go through and do it again?

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I know some of you guys are hard core, and i'll probably get flamed for this. But freezing bloatware on a phone with a 1ghz of memory is extremely pointless. Use the task manager (or any task manager app) and look and see how much memory is being used. You're going to have to be running a couple games to push the memory usage to 250mb.

Not knocking anyone at all, just kinda implying there are better reasons to consider rooting. Keep fighting the powers that be:pdancedroid

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I know some of you guys are hard core, and i'll probably get flamed for this. But freezing bloatware on a phone with a 1ghz of memory is extremely pointless. Use the task manager (or any task manager app) and look and see how much memory is being used. You're going to have to be running a couple games to push the memory usage to 250mb.

Not knocking anyone at all, just kinda implying there are better reasons to consider rooting. Keep fighting the powers that be:pdancedroid

I didn't root to save memory or make it faster. Who wants worthless apps installed on their phone and it's nice to have a clean app drawer.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I went in to my TB last night and counted how many things I have frozen. 50 is the magic number. You darn right I'm getting that crap off of my phone! I know doing this made my phone (X) faster. I've been watching some youtube vids of the Bionic and my X is quicker at this point. Now once the Bionic is rom'd and that crap is frozen, I'm sure the story will be different.

Last edited: