How soon will you buy the Droid?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My upgrade date isn't until Christmas. I am thinking about adding a line for my son and giving him an older phone or seeing if VZW will let me upgrade a little early, but I have a feeling that the Droid will end up being my Christmas present.

iwould wait untill the 25th of November. You should be eligable at the point for the NE2 discount. getting the Droid as an xmas present isn't all that bad of an idea :happy:

Spanky

Reaction score
I have to pay full retail so I'm getting it as soon as I can get my hands on one. I wish I knew about this back in July, I wouldn't have wasted by time with the Storm.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to pay full retail so I'm getting it as soon as I can get my hands on one. I wish I knew about this back in July, I wouldn't have wasted by time with the Storm.

that sucks.. did you get the OS upgrade? i like the storm a LOT better than i used to..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I called *611 and asked them when I could pick it up for the 1yr price and it turns out that my fiance's phone is the main line and can get a 1yr upgrade on Dec. 27th. My line isn't eligible for any upgrades whatsoever until Dec 2010. Using my fiance's upgrade would be a waste because I'd rather her wait and get her NE2 with the extra $100 off.

Other than that there is retail or open a new line.

Can someone tell me if there are any flaws in this idea: Opening a new line is $10/mo and I get the phone for $179 after rebate. So 2-years is 24 months. 24mo * $10 = $240. $240 + $179 = $419. Since retail is $560, I will be saving right?

Some questions that may help me get it cheaper:

Does anyone know how much taxes/fees will be on an added $9.99 line? No txt or data.
Is the ETF cheaper than keeping it the full 2 years?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I called *611 and asked them when I could pick it up for the 1yr price and it turns out that my fiance's phone is the main line and can get a 1yr upgrade on Dec. 27th. My line isn't eligible for any upgrades whatsoever until Dec 2010. Using my fiance's upgrade would be a waste because I'd rather her wait and get her NE2 with the extra $100 off.

Other than that there is retail or open a new line.

Can someone tell me if there are any flaws in this idea: Opening a new line is $10/mo and I get the phone for $179 after rebate. So 2-years is 24 months. 24mo * $10 = $240. $240 + $179 = $419. Since retail is $560, I will be saving right?

Some questions that may help me get it cheaper:

Does anyone know how much taxes/fees will be on an added $9.99 line? No txt or data.
Is the ETF cheaper than keeping it the full 2 years?

can't add a droid for $10, you have to add the $30 or $45 monthly data plan too...

MrCntry

Reaction score
I am probably going to get my wife to pick it up for me on Friday Morning. I am at work at 5:30 in the AM so I would not be able to get down there till after 5:00pm.

Besides, it is her accout that is eligible for an upgrade. :) I will just use her upgrade..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I could add a line for $10 and then move the phone to my line and put one of my old dumbphones on the new line? Or maybe pay a one-time $30 to activate the Droid on that line and then remove it and pay $10 for every other month?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I could add a line for $10 and then move the phone to my line and put one of my old dumbphones on the new line? Or maybe pay a one-time $30 to activate the Droid on that line and then remove it and pay $10 for every other month?

oh maybe so, couldn't hurt to ask..?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

oh maybe so, couldn't hurt to ask..?
I think I'll call *611 soon and ask about that.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
61 Voters and 500 members, Make sure to vote! It's great to see no one has selected the "No Droid for me option" :)

stanlee21

Reaction score
i was trying to order one to have it sent to me . i have not been able to accomplish this.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I'm glad I have my appointment for 7:00 a.m. I'll just sign in and get my phone, go home, read the manual while it's charging and then let the fun begin. COOL.:D

Earthwalker

Reaction score
I'm reading that if you go to Bestbuy to order your phone it is going to mess with some kind of new phone every 2 yrs thingy... So I still need to read up on that.. But I could go either way. Verizion pre-order or Bestbuy pre-order..

The new every two program is something VZW offers to its customers. It does not matter if you get the phone at a VZW store, Best Buy, Car Toys, or any other place. I checked with VZW customer service, and Best Buy.

I am using my new every two at Best Buy to get me a Droid!