How Smooth is your Droid?

tktouch12

Reaction score
Yeah, it uses the stock theme. The only difference in the launcher from 2.0.1 is that it is using five screens.

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download adryn-BDRS-20100214-0010.7z

alright, i'm going to give this a try. i hope its as good as you say it is.
how do you manually build these? is it hard

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You could try an app called Spare Parts. It helps with transitions between apps and animations as well.

tktouch12

Reaction score
I've found that in general, maintaining a higher level of free memory than the Android's preferred 30-40MB really helps smooth things out. With about 70MB free, Droid really flies at 1Ghz on BB. The 256Mb system ROM is Droid's biggest Achilles heal. Should've been 512; you can probably point at Verizon's value engineering for that one...

Now if only I could find a way of setting a way prevent Android from pre-loading some apps into memory without having to reinstall Startup Auditor. Yesterday I noticed Android had pre-loaded PDANet of all things, an application I RARELY use and will uninstall anyway since I have wi-fi tether.
Autokill functions are just sloppy since they take system resources. Too bad autostarts doesn't have a feature like this.

Someone chime in if they know of a way to do this via ADB.
I completely agree with that. More memory does help. I hope google/motorla can find a way to somehow manage it better

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, it uses the stock theme. The only difference in the launcher from 2.0.1 is that it is using five screens.

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download adryn-BDRS-20100214-0010.7z

alright, i'm going to give this a try. i hope its as good as you say it is.
how do you manually build these? is it hard

Nah. Kind of like swapping parts for others ;)

Using the script from Xeuxodus(sp?) at All Droid helps too.

The biggest setback you run into usually are permission issues, but even then those are easy to get around.

kenkamm

Reaction score
I just realized I don't know which options to select when performing the nandroid backup.

I downloaded your file and unzipped it. Put the folder in /sdcard/nandroid.

First off: Do I need to do a system wipe before trying this out?

Second: Which options do I choose before performing the backup? By default there are asterisks next to BOOT, SYSTEM, and DATA I think. Are those the correct options, or do I need to check others?

I'm googling around for answers but haven't found a clear cut answer yet.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You just need system and boot. I don't know whats in your data partition, so...

It should be ok though. Make sure you do an advanced backup before trying of course.

Edit: going from bugless series of roms, he moves stuff to data. So be careful, Im not sure how that would work out.

kenkamm

Reaction score
I installed it. It mostly works. :)

When I rebooted, Mobile Defense showed up and asked me if I wanted to start it. That's interesting, because I didn't previously have that installed. I went to Manage Apps to try to uninstall it, but the phone froze at the Apps list screen and I had to do a battery pull to recover.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats because its locked down in sytem/apps. Its supposed to be there :)

kenkamm

Reaction score
You speak in code, my friend. :)

So, since it's crashing my Manage Apps screen, can I adb in and remove the apk?

natty_lite

Reaction score
Did I miss something? So the Droid is "choppy" now? What am I not doing thats causing my phone to perform so quickly, or are my standards just below everyone else's? I'm not even OC'ing anymore, I'm running stock speed, BB 7.5.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@kenkamm

Feel free to delete it with extreme prejudice ;)

I just moved it there so that someone stealing my phone cannot easily disable it.

korp

Reaction score
The stock or default min is 125, so upping it to 250 will produce a little more spunk when the phone has been sitting at idle.

I have noticed it does perform better with a min of 250 on mine.

Having it at 800 min is fine too, as long as you are not having battery issues.
You sure the stock is 125mhz? Anyways the newer version of Bugless makes the minimum 250 because people were having problem with lag when they wake their phone up.

kenkamm

Reaction score
@kenkamm

Feel free to delete it with extreme prejudice ;)

I just moved it there so that someone stealing my phone cannot easily disable it.

Thanks. I'm up and running now. Thanks for your help. It runs well at 1 GHz so far. It's as smooth as it's ever been. Still not as liquid as an iPhone, but it's getting closer...