How should i destroy a Samsung Stratosphere??

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I have a chance to "test" the durability of a brand new Samsung stratosphere. I'm going to record it and post it on YouTube for all to see.

I need your guys help on what should I do to see what it can withstand? I have access to vehicles, guns, some heavy equipment and a machinist shop.

This phone feels pretty fragile so I'm sure I'll only be able to test it one way... eager to see everyone's responses. I'll pick one and post video by the weekend :)

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'd vote for worst case scenario in the machine shop :) Pretty confident I already know the outcome from guns and vehicle mishaps lol.

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Lol I'm also up for anything.... just letting people know what or where I could ruin it. Looking for some unique way... I don't want to just drop it off a building. That's boring ya know? Lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Microwave it. Always wanted to see something like that microwaved

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have one of those blenders that will blend just about anything. I would love to see the phone turned to pulp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Keeping the microwave at the top of the list

And there is a YouTube Chanel that blends almost every type of electronic... called will it blend

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Microwave it. Always wanted to see something like that microwaved

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Here check this out: [video=youtube;iU76rDdn2WA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU76rDdn2WA[/video]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
maybeyo! Hold off on the microwave for a moment. There needs to be water in the device somewhere for it to work. Microwaves bounce radiation through the molecules of what you put in, causing water molucules to start bouncing around and causing heat. Do these phones have concentrations of water in them? Id guess maybe if its and LCD screen. I really don't know that phone. It might just sit in there not doing anything unless you can create a metal contact point between the phone and the term forgot what its called. Could screw the electronics up majorly but that wouldn't be too fun to watch. Now if aluminum is in the phone then yeah, sparks will fly lol. I think that's worth a first shot. At least we can see the results lol.

Edit: I expect display failure and maybe hardware failure. Hopefully spectacularly if enough water is contained in the plastics and display of the phone

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I love that video. That's about the only thing that an iPhone is good for. Now about destroying the Samsung...We now know that microwaving is kind of anti-climatic so I say do what the Mythbusters do, end it with a bang. Blow it to bits with a 12ga.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
dry ice and smash it with a sledgehammer or drop it from a tall building.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Turn it on fully, where it never dies, get a bowl of soda and put the phone in there, and than microwave it

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
While all of those ways sound like awesome ways to destroy a phone, if you actually want to make it useful for others, I'd put it through a few normal durability tests. Dropping it from your lap out of the car, down some stairs, onto a hard surface which then falls onto another hard surface etc etc...

Though a microwave and guns do sound pretty awesome...

Atom702

Reaction score
You could put it through various machine tests. Use my phone at a metal forging facility, constantly fighting to keep it away from the hundreds of hazards I encounter every day.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Drop it off of your roof or the roof of a building.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums