How? Rooting the leaked unrooted 2.3 Gingerbread

Reaction score
So, I was one of the stupid ones who jumped right to the leaked 2.3 Gingerbread (without backing up) and lost my root...

Not exactly sure what to do to get root access back :(

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you will have to sbf back to froyo and then flash the pre rooted gingerbread.

Dang....you are fast dude. He's right man....SBF and then flash the right one. Have fundancedroid

Note.....ALWAYS WIPE when installing ROM's.....that's my rule of thumb.

zero7404

Reaction score
is the pre-rooted gb identical to the unrooted version (except for root access) ?

i have a d2g, but i got a dx. so i paid for the bootstrap recovery app for the d2. can i use this app on the dx, or will i also have to buy the dx bootstrap ?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
is the pre-rooted gb identical to the unrooted version (except for root access) ?

i have a d2g, but i got a dx. so i paid for the bootstrap recovery app for the d2. can i use this app on the dx, or will i also have to buy the dx bootstrap ?

The D2 bootstrap will work just fine on the DX.

Last edited:

Howie Dub

Reaction score

I had the unrooted gb and am running the pre-rooted one right now and it feels like unrooted one seems more stable. I believe the pre-rooted one has the notification light bug fixed. Don't know if there are any other differences.

You can try to put the d2 bootstrap apk from your d2g on your dx's sd card and see if it will work on the dx; otherwise you will have to buy the d2 bootstrap for the dx. TBH says that the dx bootstrap won't work.

zero7404

Reaction score
i already bought the d2 bootstrapper .... just checking to be sure i can use that rather than buy the dx one which i think doesnt work

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
it would be nice if z4root were updated and able to root this release. btw ... wen does verizon plan on making this update official ?

zero7404

Reaction score
i tried the gb build thats posted over in my droid world, but its not. 588 .... its .573.

so far, not very impressed with it. had a few restarts, some lagging, its not as fluid as the youtube video might have had one believe.

also, linked contacts is dead in this build ... whats up with that? i liked having linked contacts with fb profiles ....

sent via android

zero7404

Reaction score
where can one find an unrooted version of gb for the dx ?

sent via android