how risky are certain droid hacks in general?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tktouch12, Jan 22, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i just had my first REAL scare. i've been scared, but my phone for the first time got stuck on the eye, then rebooted. I had just been trying to install the milestone browser, and i just gave up and shut off my phone halfway through. (stupid?) well, yes it was. so, in general, how risky are things like that? and can a simple hack like that end up hurting your phone? forever?
    or can a nandroid restore pretty much heal most things? (including a repeating boot cycle?)
    sorry if there are other posts, but i couldnt find any that really answered this question about general mods
    thanks
  2. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

hey so im assuming you hit some bumps in the road with that milestone browser?

and you should be good with a nandroid backup, as long as you have the current sprecovery, its tough to brick a phone at this point, even people that bricked them have been able to recover with adb or if they go to vzw then with motorola rsd
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

o ya, were those your commands i was using?
    no i just was typing it on my phone and i wanted to quit and just use adb later (becasue i'm used to it, and its easier)
    and i quit in the middle. okay, that makes me feel better. sidenote: has anyone figured out how to use rsdlite ourselves to reflash droids (without going to vzw)
  4. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

yeah they were my commands and i agree that adb is easier than the terminal emulators, hopefully it will work for you

also i dont think anyone has gotten rsd to work on there own because they need the droid file and only vzw/motorola have it
  5. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

o like the entire firmware file? well either way im glad my phone is pretty much safe for me to mess with, and im going to install the milestone browser with your commands, pretty excited
  6. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

yeah, im getting ready to throw it back on cuz im bored

sprecovery makes messing with your phone relatively safe so have at it

edit: yeah just went back to multi touch, used the terminal this time, worked good for me
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010