How often should i reboot my droid?

kcluggish

Reaction score
I've had mine since early December. A couple of weeks after purchased it, I had just fully charged it and a couple of hours later (no usage) I got a warning that I needed to charge it. Which I did. The same thing happened a couple of hours later, again no usage. My battery showed the battery charge in the red. I rebooted the Droid and low and behold - 100% charged. This seems to happen about once a month. It seems it periodically needs rebooted or it misreads the battery charge. Has anyone else had this happen. I'm not a heavy user and do not have a lot of apps installed.

coryh83

Reaction score
i have no schedule only when it starts running "slow". even when this thing lags it run faster then any other phone I have seen.

Aybara

Reaction score
I got my droid at 7:05am release day... I have done many processor heavy applications, etc... I have gone a full month without having to turn off my phone without having any lag issues. All you need is to have a good "kill" program.

Try this: Go install the app "Advanced task killer" and when you experience some lag, run that program and kill all apps. after that the phone will run like it just rebooted. You can test the speed change by also using the app "CPU Benchmark" and test your response speeds.

The thing I find that kills speed is how many apps can start running without you even knowing it. I wish there was a 'msconfig' type app where you could select the startup type apps so you didnt have apps always self loading like the 'voice dialer' app, or the 'gmail' app etc... apps that I absolutely never use are always running it seems and that is a big lag to the system.

Cmmsh

Reaction score
I've had mine since early December. A couple of weeks after purchased it, I had just fully charged it and a couple of hours later (no usage) I got a warning that I needed to charge it. Which I did. The same thing happened a couple of hours later, again no usage. My battery showed the battery charge in the red. I rebooted the Droid and low and behold - 100% charged. This seems to happen about once a month. It seems it periodically needs rebooted or it misreads the battery charge. Has anyone else had this happen. I'm not a heavy user and do not have a lot of apps installed.

Just got my Droid on the 5th. Same thing happened to me Wednesday ... alas, my first reboot. So, for me, just one reboot in two weeks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just got my Droid on the 5th. Same thing happened to me Wednesday ... alas, my first reboot. So, for me, just one reboot in two weeks.

Yes, this battery meter thing is a known bug and everyone has experienced it at least once. Usually it only seems to happen one time. Don't have any idea what causes it.

DroidFan

Reaction score
This battery indicator problem just happened to me for the first time last night since I got my Droid on 11/6/09. Rebooted the Droid..came back to 100%.