How Often Do You Back Up Your Phone/ROM?

Cwagmire

Reaction score
It seems to make any change to a ROM, the program asks me its best to back up in case anything happens. Sometimes when I'm playing around with new themes, settings, etc, this can happen daily and it would seem counterproductive to make a backup every day, but I'm definitely a novice and maybe that's just the case with new ROMs.

Anyway, to make a long story short (or just by the thread title) how often should I back up my phone/ROM?

Thanks in advance :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I always keep a backup of my stock setup, as in stock Rom right after rooting, and then a backup of whatever Rom I'm on in a stable state. Sometimes I don't even keep a backup of my Rom because its so simple to flash back to a different Rom. Imo the only important backup is the stock one.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I still have a stock ROM right after rooting so I guess I'm set. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I backup a new stock rom after I determine if I like it. I then backup prior to any real change (theme, kernel, etc.) or every 2 days or so. I keep the stock one as long as I'm using that rom, or until I'm sure I'm not going back to it. I keep 2-3 daily backups. I simply delete the oldest as I make a new one.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I do a back up daily..and delete the old one.. with all the updates that come thru the market~ but thats just me~

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea I deleted my stock backup like a moron as well owell now I just keep one of a rom after and wipe it out and flash one

jovapa

Reaction score
once a week here, deleting the older ones as i go.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a backup of stock and one before every rom change and even a few with different kernel changes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stock is a must, but I will back up a rom if I plan on doing some tweaking and I would rather restore a backup whether than wiping reflashing and setting things back up. But I highly recommend you not only backup ur stock rom but copy it to ur computer desktop. I had my sdcard decide to go crazy and I had to wipe it clean and I was using a rom at that time.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Stock is a must, but I will back up a rom if I plan on doing some tweaking and I would rather restore a backup whether than wiping reflashing and setting things back up. But I highly recommend you not only backup ur stock rom but copy it to ur computer desktop. I had my sdcard decide to go crazy and I had to wipe it clean and I was using a rom at that time.

That's not a bad idea. Thanks!

louy99

Reaction score

I never thought of backing them to my pc....im going to do that right now. I have three backups. Stock rooted, freshly flashed loberty and fission. I like fission better. I think im going to stick to that one

Droid2 Fisson 2.6.1

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I noticed Liberty also does backups and restores, but I'm confused on what it actually does. Does it only have one backup/restore at a time because when I chose restore after a backup, it just automatically restored without asking which one (or maybe it assumed the only one I had.)

Anyways, do you all use Clockwork (or similar app) or built-in Liberty backup?