How obsolete will your new phone be in 2 years

cp24eva

Reaction score
This questions wasn't meant to be a definitive end all be all answered. It's just for discussion and it's pretty much a gauge to see the general consensus. America has come a long way in the cellphone/smartphone arena. The new phones that some of us have do incredible things. What more is there? How much better can it get? Will you phone be sufficient enough to merely keep up with it's newcomers? Will it be worth it to trade in that old faithful you've had for 2 years? What do you think the new future era of phones will bring to the table?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your "new phone" is obsolete as soon as you buy it imo. Technology is moving so quickly in the mobile industry it's mindboggling. However, I have an Inc and I am still happy with it, minus the battery life...

It's like when you buy a new car, the value immediately goes down as soon as you sign the last paper.

GeLopez

Reaction score
its outdated the day it comes out, and its obsolete within 3 months. (or close to it)

Revans310

Reaction score
My old phone was the Razr V3 and my new phone is the Droid Razr so I'm good for 7 Years. :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Obsolete isnt a good term. The D1 is out dated, but not obsolete. It still fuctions just fine. Obsolete means it can no longer function as intended. While technology moves forward things get out dated. But obsolete takes a long time. Heck I would say an original NES isnt obsolete yet.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hmmmm, ok. So maybe obsolete isn't a good term, but I don't want to use outdated either. I would say "irrelevant" This term is also a subjective term. Because a phone is a phone is a phone. A smartphone can be many things. Some people have different expectations of smartphones.

Last edited:

googlelover

Reaction score
Well technically smartphones are outdated the day they are released, the only time they are top of the line is when we hear a rumor about it =P