How much will the Verizon iPhone affect Android?

If Verizon offers an iPhone will you buy one?

• Never, I'm Android for life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely, been waiting for it

• Depends on <insert reason here>

• Keep it on AT&T!

• Undecided

• Total voters

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Ready for iPhone

I will get a Verizon iPhone. Without a doubt that will mean MILLIONS of new iPhone's sold under Apple's belt.

harv2000

Reaction score
A Verizon iPhone would raise a conundrum. Apples user experience focus can be hard to resist. On the other hand, Apple's diehard "we know best" can be impossible to live with.

At the same time, the tendency of the vendors involved with Android (Motorola, Verizon, HTC, etc.) to come out entirely too fast with new devices is getting frustrating. Actually, the plethora of new devices doesn't bother me, the trend of immediately abandoning all original devices is unacceptable, At least keep the physical attributes the same so as to allow development of meaningful accessories. It's just silly to sign a two year contract on a device that has an expected growth path of exactly "now". Only those accessories available on day 1 are ever going to be available.

I envision staying with Android (I prefer the freedom), but frankly, have started becoming a little bit frustrated with some of the directions, or lack of directions that the Android markets are going. I signed a two year contract on a device in November, 2009. 8 Months later, I used another line and signed a contract on a device that lasted about three weeks before the first "secret" doc showed up identifying an immediate replacement device. I don't regret the Droid 2, but I am watching bemused as exactly noone is making additional accessories for the Droid 2.

mamawm

Reaction score
last year my husband paid att $140 etf to ditch his blackberry bold and get a moto droid, and then the next month i paid them $150 etf to ditch my iphone to get the droid eris. would he ever go back to blackberry, NO. would i ever go back to iphone, NO. the only way i can imagine anyone switching from android to iphone is for those few who think android is too complicated, and if that's the case they probably need an iphone.

pdroid00

Reaction score
I used to have and iphone until I switched to verizon for for service in my area. After I got my hands on android "D1" I will not go back to Iphone, the android community is too good and the open source is great. I mean I can write my own apps and test them out on my own phone, and I dont have to ask mr jobs for his permission.

Hot Sauce

Reaction score
I got my Moto Droid in December of 09 after two years with a Black Berry. I studied DroidReviews Youtube video on how to root every day for two weeks before I attempted it, Smoked Glass was my first Rom. I love my Droid, I love tinkering with it and I love how every "New" Droid phone to date has been only an ENHANCED version of the Moto Droid i.e. bigger screen, more memory, faster processor...big deal, I can do all that with my rooted Droid. I will keep my Droid until it falls apart while I wait for a truly new and groundbreaking android device, much like the Droid was back in Dec 09. Also...my girlfriend has an IPhone, I play with it every day just to keep comparing it to the Droid hoping to find something new... Iphone 1,2,3 and now 4...not really impressed. Thats just my opinion Will I get a Verizon Iphone? nope.

triplexcoast

Reaction score
I promise you...if that nice EVO looking phone comes to verizon Im game for like 2 years...I will always sign up for 1 year though...No need for a 2 year contract anymore...I like new phones every year!

Take a little advice from a vzw employee--if you are on any price plan over $49.99/month (for the plan itself, not including features like texting or your data plan) you are just wasting money by signing 1 year agreements. With vzw, if you sign a 1 year agreement, they typically add between $70 and $100 to the cost of the device (to offset some of the revenue that you will possibly not pay them). But if the base cost of your plan is over $50, and you are registered for "my verizon" you are allowed to upgrade every 12 months with standard 2 year discount (eg: annual upgrade price on droidx=200 after rebate, sign another 2 year agreement, then after 12months, take your discount and do it all again)

SocalMike

Reaction score
back when the rumor first started years ago i was all for getting iphone having played with it but after i starting playing around with droid phones and then got myself the droid x the iphone can suck it ill stick with android they took to long to bring it to verizon

mackiv

Reaction score
I wouldn't get one, but if this did happen, I would seriously consider switching from Verizon to Sprint. Verizon will not be able to handle the traffic if and when this happens, and the 3G and 4G networks will be so ridiculously bogged down by both Apple and Android that it will be a disaster.

Plus, keep the snobby schmucks on AT&T. I don't care for those d-bags sharing my network.

Judging by your words I think I can guess with a high probability what choice on the poll you took ;)

To sum it up: Not only do you not want the iPhone on Verizon, you don't want the iPhone airwaves touching your airwaves :)

ewww ditto...

Reaction score
Guys I got official inside word. Verizon iphone comes out the same day as starcraft ghost

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This! I am still saving my first gen xbox so I can be ready for the day that comes out!

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always wanted the iPhone before android came out. I am glad that Apple strictly was on AT&T, otherwise I probably would of never given Android a chance. Since I bought the Motorola Droid, I have come to fully back Android and have NO interest in getting an iPhone. I have been so impressed with it that I have begun to learn programming of Java and Android to take this to the next level. Apple screwed up when they stuck with AT&T and I am glad they did. I am an Android follower for life now. I also agree with beardface, Keep the iPhone on AT&T and off our network.

Why thank you.. this is the exact response I have but without having to type it... :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let it come. See who wins head to head

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I think the iphone and apple sucks. The brief time that i had the phone it was horrible and i couldn't make a call at all or receive calls because they all dropped. I understand big red wanting to expand their demographic but this is too much. They are stretching themselves out too far without focusing on their good phones and producing a few good devices and vimproving on them. And as far as at&t goes, i want none of their sloppy seconds.

...well said!

...sent from my Rooted Droid 1 @ 1.25ghz using tapatalk

Knappma

Reaction score
I have to agree with the few who said "I wanted an Iphone until the Droid came out"... That is totally how I feel. I'm actually a real big fan of an actual keyboard too, so that makes a big difference for me as well.

The one thing I will disagree with is that "the network will get clogged with all the new Iphone users coming to Verizon". Quite honestly this is going to happen no matter what. With a majority of all carriers lineups being smartphones and even more on the horizon, more and more people are switching to them. So the "clogging" is going to happen over time no matter what. I think the only real impact the Iphone will have is that it will make this happen sooner rather than later. Just MHO.