1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How much will I be pro-rated for 1 day of Droid usage?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by XciteMe83, Nov 9, 2009.

1. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

I bought a Droid today at Best Buy, set up a new Verizon account and everything.

I AM NOT bashing the Droid... In fact I was very impressed with its speed, beautiful screen and compact size. But unfortunately I find the keyboard to be very uncomfortable and cramped. I couldn't type very fast on it at all.

I'm returning it tomorrow and I know I'll be refunded the cost of the phone + tax, as well as the activation free (because it's within the 3 day period).

But my question is how much will Verizon bill me for just 24 hours worth of their data plan??? I only surfed the web for like 30 minutes on it - no voice or text.

Any help/answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. alphabuild

alphabuild New Member

$3 .. this is fun
  3. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

Really?? That's it? Are you sure?

And thanks dude
  4. Stigy

Stigy New Member

I believe a new Verizon account has a grace period in which you can try out every aspect of their service. Based on this you should not be charged anything at all.

I will see if I can find an accurate source of information.

Your best bet honestly would be to just call Customer Service and ask them how much you would be charged IF you did what you did. Pretend that you want to try out the service.
  5. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

So the first replier was just being a jerk and giving me a random number??? Real mature.

Thanks to the second replier for the actual help.
  6. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

Dang nobody is gonna help me???
  7. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

You can make a phone call yourself to get the answer... nobody here has that magic number, it's based on how many minutes you have used etc....

As for the keyboard.... it's like anything, you will learn to get faster and faster with it.... If you want to give up already then make the call and return it... :)
  8. T6D16C84

T6D16C84 New Member

35$ restocking fee + prorated amount based on how minutes/data/messages you used.
  9. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

There's no restocking fee, Best Buy's receipt says NOTHING about restocking fee for cell phones. Please don't pull things out of (where the sun don't shine)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  10. xliderider

xliderider New Member

It took me more than one day to get used to the keyboard on the Droid. More like 3 days.

I find myself using the virtual keyboard in landscape a lot more though. And I was a diehard physical keyboard guy. ;)
  11. T6D16C84

T6D16C84 New Member

I was stating Verizon's return policy. Don't get all pissed off when someone gives you a realistic answer. If all you wanna do is ask questions and bash the answers, find the answers for yourself.

Edit: And there's a good chance Best Buy will make you go by Verizon's returns policy for the device because you signed a contract and the return policy will be based off Verizon's contract wording but I could be incorrect. Worked in Best Buy cellular for 2 years, and Best Buy did not make up the returns/cancellations policies, that all depended on the service provider

So, basically what I am getting at is call Best Buy, we can't tell you.

Edit #2: Also, if you are in the United States there should have been a best buy open somewhere that could have given you your answer. Even if you're east coast time, it was only 8:20.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  12. pwo

pwo New Member

Verizon where I am from. Its 30 days no questions asked. Not happy return it and cancel contract. No problem, I have seen this done.
  13. T6D16C84

T6D16C84 New Member

My apologies, the restocking fee only applies if you are swapping for another device, or if you purchase another device in 3 days. So basically, there is absolutley no way for any of us on here to tell you how much the cost will be because it will be a prorated amount based on your usage.
  14. andjarnic

andjarnic New Member

I am blown away that someone is giving up on the droid just because the physical keyboard isn't perfect. Wow! That's like returning a car (which you can't do..just saying) because the steering wheel grip doesn't feel right on your hands when you make a left turn while driving backwards. But to each their own. The virtual keyboard is insanely accurate and works great, even if it does take up some space on the screen. All that this phone offers, I can't imagine the physical keyboard being a deal breaker. Why by an Android phone for a physical keyboard? The platform is what you buy Android for... what it offers, the flexibility, apps, customizations, growth potential, etc etc.
  15. xxfire

xxfire New Member

Umm..
    Try again...
    I bought a iPhone and got slammed with a restocking fee...
  16. Droider

Droider New Member

Answer: $5,672.15
  17. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 New Member

It says in their mobile returns policy, iPhones are 10% restocking fee. Not all cell phones. Also, serves you right - you should NEVER buy an Apple product at a non-Apple Store. Apple Store has your back, Best Buy doesn't.
  18. xxfire

xxfire New Member

I didn't buy it, it was a gift... The person was charged the restock. I know better. I'm a mac guy and get a apple discount... ATT just sucks.
  19. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

It's well under 5 bucks. Do you really need to know that bad?
  20. kennyg23

kennyg23 New Member

Here is best buy's return policy.
    BestBuy.com Help

You shouldn't be charged anything if returning the phone that quick. If verizon accidentally charges you, just call customer service and they will cancel the bill for you.
Search tags for this page

do verizon prorate data overages

verizon pro rate data plan 1 day

verizon prorated data usage