How much space is available for installing apps on the Xoom?

akhi216

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a Xoom and needed to know how much space is available for installing apps on it.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
Out of the 32 gigs on mine 28.78 is available for use for apps, media, file, etc. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Out of the 32 gigs on mine 28.78 is available for use for apps, media, file, etc. Hope that helps.

Oh wow. I'm used to phones having only 1.5 GB of space available for storing apps. I can have plenty of apps for myself and the kids on this.

Thanks.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Welcome. If its any consolation, I love my xoom, its a great device and it should be even better as we get more updates and when ice cream sandwich rolls around.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Welcome. If its any consolation, I love my xoom, its a great device and it should be even better as we get more updates and when ice cream sandwich rolls around.

The Xoom is the device that saved me from being enslaved by Apple.

I was in a Best Buy store playing with all kinds of devices that they had available to test out. I never had an iPhone and I was curious to know what was it about the iPhone that made people wait in lines for days at stores and made it keep making record-breaking sales. They had a powered-on iPhone 4S in the store that had a racing game put on it so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The racing game was optimized for the iPhone 4S's dual-core processor so it was pretty decent. That combined with that Retina display was too much for me. I was ready to pull out my credit card and buy the 64 GB model. Struggling to maintain my composure, I began testing out other devices with my mind still on the iPhone 4S. When I came across the a powered on Xoom I decided to test it out and downloaded some games on it. The Xoom had some sort of magical quality to it; it made me feel like I was holding a solid piece of technology, and most importantly, it made me forget about buying iPhone 4S.

I though about that experience and realized that it reminded me of the Xoom Super Bowl commercial, where it had zombie-fied iPhone fanatics were hopelessly plugged into their beloved phones and that one guy walking around who appeared to be the only one who had sense was carrying a Xoom. It made all kinds of conspiracy theories go through my head. One was that since the Retina Display on the iPhone 4 had more pixels than the human eye could see that probably Apple included some hidden messages in it to hypnotize users and that would be behind the craze for the iPhone 4S. Another was that Apple included ultrasound messages that are inaudible to the human ear that hypnotize people who plug in stereos headsets to the phone. Both of these are utterly ridiculous and suggest that I need to see a mental health professional (and I do BTW), but I'm glad that the Xoom made see the light. It made me a true Android fan, and it made see why I like these devices so much.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I would've been one of those "I sheep" if the iPhone had been on Verizon when I got my fascinate, I originally hated it b/c of the ****ty Samsung software but I did some research on android and found out how awesome it was, I rooted my phone and installed all kinds of roms. Then I heard about android 3.0 and the xoom and finally got one even though they had all those other android tabs, I got the xoom b/c it was a pure android device with stock android unlike my phone, and the first tablet to get the software updates. I have had no problems with it and android just keeps getting better and better.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Fun fact I have 3.5 gigs of apps on my xoom! Didn't even know that!

arw01

Reaction score
That's pretty funny. I tried to work with both a target today, and the xoom has a thick sheet of plastic over a turned off tablet, and the Acer would not turn on.

Nice marketing.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, but the I pads and ipods all have multiple kiosks and ****. Apple=crappy products+good marketing= success. Android needs better marketing, but as is its catching up fast.