How much longer will HTC last going in this direction?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hey folks. I gotta say, I love HTC phones, but with how they are trading looks for functionality these days, I'm thinking they may be going in the wrong direction. They are limiting people while other OEMs are giving people options to expand battery and disk space. Not Apple, but they are in a different boat. I hear the complaints on HTC products and I hear the bad press about dwindling sales. Are they out of touch with what the world is seeking? Can they be relevant in 5 years going in this same direction? It almost seems a bit backwards if you ask me. At least Apple offers a lower and high end iphone. HTC just comes out with one model and then releases the improved model 6-8 months down the road.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They've acknowledged that their products have been disappointing and are looking to change that this year. The DNA looks like a great phone and if that's any indication of the direction they're heading then it seems like they could be fighting for that top spot again

Snoking

Reaction score
From a Verizon Rezound user standpoint, I think VZW is the one I would blame. The HTC Rezound was one of it's best phones yet treated like a unwanted step child by VZW! Chris

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think the TB got a bad rep and the public had held onto that misconception about HTC. People forget that the TB was one of the first 4g devices and being a new technology there were going to be some more cons than what we see in 4g devices today. I use a friend's Rezound quite a bit and it is a great phone. If it weren't for the Nexus I would've gone with the Rezound, hands down.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Hey folks. I gotta say, I love HTC phones, but with how they are trading looks for functionality these days, I'm thinking they may be going in the wrong direction. They are limiting people while other OEMs are giving people options to expand battery and disk space. Not Apple, but they are in a different boat. I hear the complaints on HTC products and I hear the bad press about dwindling sales. Are they out of touch with what the world is seeking? Can they be relevant in 5 years going in this same direction? It almost seems a bit backwards if you ask me. At least Apple offers a lower and high end iphone. HTC just comes out with one model and then releases the improved model 6-8 months down the road.

Apple releases one iPhone per year. They keep selling older models, but they don't have a low end and high end iPhone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
When I say low end and high end I mean to say they sell different version with different storage capacity. Those phones are not low end at all lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2