How much is too much...

scottg22

Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem this afternoon / evening with my Droid locking up. I have been expirencing slowness and choppy movement.. and on a call I stuggled to even talk with good signal.

I have pulled the battery about 6 times today to try and get the phone "un-hung".

How much is too much?? How much free space should I be having on my internal memory?

I do have quite a few apps on here but still have the following available:

internal memory 166mb
SD Card 13.03gb

I know android 2.0 is supposed to work slick and not require forced closes etc... but something is up.

TIA for any help your can suggest.

Scott

OP
S

scottg22

Reaction score
right now... there is a notification of:

Ongoing
Loading Data, Please Wait 7:01pm (after a hard reboot)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow, 6 battery pulls already.

should have done a hard reset after the 3rd battery pull

but I never heard of that kind of problem. I'm thinking bad unit, so should get it swapped out.

OP
S

scottg22

Reaction score
after fighting with getting it running and into applications to start deleted apps that I thought were suspect.... I got it running.

I removed weatherbug and that looks to have cleared up all my problems... weatherbug was trying to download local weather for the notification bar and it would make the phone hang......

Back to normal and the phone is working properly again.

Varking

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I also had that same exact app do the same exact thing. Got rid of it and not a single app I have touched since has made the phone go crazy like that.