How much does this REALLY cost per month, over and above a cell phone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm at 4 to 6Gb per month, High of 9Gb....no tethering.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow you guys totally misread that little bit of legal mumbo jumbo.

It says continuously. In the legal world, that means 24/7, 365 a year.

Like constant streaming without stop, or torrenting.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Wow you guys totally misread that little bit of legal mumbo jumbo.

It says continuously. In the legal world, that means 24/7, 365 a year.

Like constant streaming without stop, or torrenting.

"A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month."

If continuous means 24/7, 365, then by definition continuous for 10 hours (as used above) cannot exist. You cannot say "I am streaming music on my phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...for 10 hours". That being said, its the blue section that is a bit concerning, and no it was not misread. However, I feel like they probably aren't really enforcing that, it might just be a contingency in case someone decides they are really going to abuse the usage time after time.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That definition does not apply to our unlimited plans. We are not limited to 5gb a month.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Our phones do not use any of these for data plans (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services).

With the exception of PTT, those are data card plans.

rubberducky

Reaction score
This topic has been beaten to death people. If you do occasional tethering Verizon really doesn't care enough to track you down, but the official answer is if you tether you need to either pay the $30 (n/a for Droid yet) or not do it. BUT if you're constantly downloading HUGE files while tethered, via torrents or whatever they will notice. Bet you didn't know that 97% of people who have either MBB or tethering NEVER go over their 5GB cap.

The unlimited data plan is for your phone ONLY! You can do as much as you want, and I've seen quite a few people validly go over 5GB of data in a month who just use their phone alot and they've never gotten charged overages. Once you hook your phone up to your computer is when the unlimited stops, you're not paying for tethering so why should VZ give it to you for free?

One quick example, I've only ever ONCE seen someone get hit with tethering charges and this guy was doing what I outlined above, he was streaming some "interesting" things and VZ noticed because he was at a STUPID amount of data, somewhere in the 50GB range.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Our phones do not use any of these for data plans (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services).

With the exception of PTT, those are data card plans.

Ahhhh, see part I did not notice, good call on that one. Yea I was under the impression that we didn't have a limit on our plans as stated by the post above this one. But after reading the pasted portion that was put up in this thread I thought maybe something had been changed (since I remember reading somewhere that verizon altered its terms of service). I must say I'm relieved to see that what was pasted was not for our plans, but other data plans.

OP
M

Mosca

Reaction score
Laughing at myself again,

I think it's funny that I didn't believe the Verizon literature when it was described as $29.99. I'm so used to being nicked and ticked here and there for charges, I was sure there was a hidden catch!

Best app found so far: WDW Lines. It tells you the wait time for all the rides in Disney World. 66 minutes for "Soarin'", at 5PM on Apr 3, 2010!