How much data do you use per cycle?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
@28G a month, unless they offer an unlimited plan, you are going to have to either stop downloading those large files, or pay some HUGE monthly bills. I cant imagine if they did a tiered data plan, that they would offer anything over 10G a month, unless of course they do unlimited.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Has there been anything confirmed about when Verizon will be going over to their tiered data packages? I am still on my family plan, but will be leaving it sometime soon, and I want to get onto a new contract before they go off the unlimited pricing.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I think branding an 'unlimited' package is a good amount of user-friendly marketing. I know quite a few people who have unlimited everything just to run around and say they do to other people, without hardly using any minutes/texts. I on the other hand go over 6000 texts a month but never go near my minute cap...

Well the point being, not having a quote-unquote unlimited plan could lead to problems, with people maybe picking the smallest tier for the cheapest, without understanding how much data it takes to stream high def vids or music. Most of john q public is as in the dark with technology and especially data sizes as they are with quantum physics

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if you have an unlimited data plan now, that you'll be able to keep it when verizon makes the switch to tiered data plans. Which would be similar to ATT.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I get that, but I'm on my parent's family plan. When I go off the plan, I can't bring the unlimited data with me to an individual plan.

Or can I?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Not sure. I think it goes with the main account, being the person who opened the contract in the first place.

So hopefully when my contract is up in mid 2013 i will be able to renew to a one year and keep my unl. package?

UNC

Reaction score
My cycle started jan 18, as of today I have one more day to go before my cycle ends. Some one adviced me to keep track of my data usage to see which 4G plan might be the best for me once they release the prices. Idk if this is normal or I'm just data burning machine but being near the end of my cycle I have used 28.73GB of data on my Droid2. Is any one else burning such an amount of data? More? Or Less?

I just wanted to chime in to thank you.....

Thank you so much for being one of the bad apples that caused us to possibly lose unlimited data plans...

trook

Reaction score
30 gigs is alot, I couldnt use that if I tried, I'm constantly changing roms, I must have changed roms 20 times last month, having to redownload all my apps, updates, normal use, a couple pda net sessions, I used 2.5 gigs.

www3

Reaction score
Keep burning that data, I can't imagine using 28 gigs, but someone needs to be the "data usage abuse bait" for verizon lol. It keeps them away from us that use 5-10 gigs. I say go for it. You are paying for unlimited data, use it.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
You are welcome because I really cnt imagine paying this amount of money and not using what I'm paying for in this case UNLIMITED data, however I really dnt think one person out of millions of verizon users burn such amount. Many pay $30 when they are only burning about 2G MAX, in that case they can save and get the $10 data cap. Again I knew I was a heavy user and decided to contract UNLIMITED I am in no way cheating verizon or being dishonest, well exept for the tethering lol but I am just using what is mine, its not like I just caused verizon a million dollar loss.
My cycle started jan 18, as of today I have one more day to go before my cycle ends. Some one adviced me to keep track of my data usage to see which 4G plan might be the best for me once they release the prices. Idk if this is normal or I'm just data burning machine but being near the end of my cycle I have used 28.73GB of data on my Droid2. Is any one else burning such an amount of data? More? Or Less?

Thank you so much for being one of the bad apples that caused us to possibly lose unlimited data plans...

UNC

Reaction score
You are welcome because I really cnt imagine paying this amount of money and not using what I'm paying for in this case UNLIMITED data, however I really dnt think one person out of millions of verizon users burn such amount. Many pay $30 when they are only burning about 2G MAX, in that case they can save and get the $10 data cap. Again I knew I was a heavy user and decided to contract UNLIMITED I am in no way cheating verizon or being dishonest, well exept for the tethering lol but I am just using what is mine, its not like I just caused verizon a million dollar loss.

No, the phone is "yours" the data plan is not yours. You actually don't even own everything on your phone, just a license to use it.

And actually, if you bought your phone subsidized, not even the phone is "yours" until you fulfill your contract.

Its abusers like you who have forced Verizon to consider throttling and data caps.... you can argue it all you want, but its true. Its not Verizon you are ultimately flipping the bird at, its the end users who will get worse speeds, and higher rates.

Awfully selfish, I think.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Again, like someone else mentioned, even what i consider heavy use falls short of the 5 GB UNTHROTTLED LIMIT IMPOSED IN YOUR CONTRACT. READ THE FINE PRINT. Even streaming (admittedly few, my area has bad speeds) videos, downloading lots and lots of apps/music/emulator roms/etc. I came out to just over 4 GB at the end of my cycle.

28 gigs? Get a ****ing computer and a landline, you might enjoy it more.

turok

Reaction score
Wow... 28 ... that's alot ... my bill ends on the third and I got 5gigs down .. and I don't download big files or tether .. tried it once .. but it was hella.slow.! 20 - 50 kbps(tether) the phone itself is ok .. but not really good. (About 100kbps)

Well enjoy it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well the whole point of this post is to see how much data other use, so tell me forum, how much data do you use per cycle?